Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Our van was returned after 2 mths yesterday ::bigsmile: We had had a new cam belt,a Habitation Check and a couple of faults we knew about sorted.The Hab Check threw up a couple of other problems,so with waiting for parts,then the snow,followed by Xmas etc it was away for 2 mths.
It came back late afternoon in puring rain,so I just got it onto the hard standing,hooked it up,put in an oil fired heater and left it for the night.
This morn I was out there at 0800-filling with water before breakfast,getting the taps working and the heating fired up.
Everything worked as it should,and we spent most of the day giving it all a good clean and packing the lockers etc (I had emptied every locker before it went in).
We're knackered now :ROFLMAO:and going away by car for a couple of days,but one morning next week will see us ready to hit the road again ::bigsmile:
I've booked a couple of nights at Cwmcuttan next weekend and a 'Photographers Hide' at Gigrin farm ,the Red Kite centre next Mon.
So,I'm well pleased with todays efforts-and,as a result of a thread on here our proposed Italian trip looks as if it's turning into a Spain and Morrocco trip ::bigsmile:

Mike.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
FWIW, we've just come back from a few days up the Elan Valley. The first night in Rhayader we spent at Gigrin Farm, and I have to say we were very disappointed. £15 for a night with EHU, BUT.....NO toilets; NO shower block; a cold water tap that took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to fill our water tank and loo; NO amenities of any kind. Needless to say we only spent the one night there.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Great news about the van.

have a good trip:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Wow Mike and Carolyn. I so remember our visit at Dover and am really envious of your freedom. Can't wait to get await again this year, family and me permitting. Happy travels. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
FWIW, we've just come back from a few days up the Elan Valley. The first night in Rhayader we spent at Gigrin Farm, and I have to say we were very disappointed. £15 for a night with EHU, BUT.....NO toilets; NO shower block; a cold water tap that took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to fill our water tank and loo; NO amenities of any kind. Needless to say we only spent the one night there.

Er-did you get to see the Red Kites feeding ? ::bigsmile:

Mike.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Er-did you get to see the Red Kites feeding ? ::bigsmile:

Mike.

We took a raincheck as it was Very Expensive, plus I don't agree with the concept of feeding WILD birds - re-introduced or not. The moors of the upper Elan Valley were devoid of raptors, possibly because of this.

This doesn't happen in the Chilterns. On our way back from Wales, we were on Watlington Hill this afternoon, and the sky was almost full of Red Kites, doing what Red kites do - circling for food.....naturally.

I've seen more Red Kites over the last few days to last me a lifetime.

PS I forgot to mention in my earlier post that there is a great big unsightly Severn Trent water pumping station right in the centre of the campsite area. But don't let that put you off.....

Last edited:

G1DOL

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
West Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Started 2011
Red kites

I work at a hospital in Oxford and we have red kites circling above us ... ::bigsmile:

They are actually quite a common sight now around here, a colleague lives near Thame and tells us often about kites frequenting the gardens looking for nosh but I still reckon they're worth a watch from the window at work.

I'm actually waiting to see if they try to pick up one of the allotment holders!:RollEyes:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Mike and Carolyn are staying with us at Cwmcuttan so they won't be disappointed re the red kites as we see them every day and they nest here in the spring.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Mike and Carolyn are staying with us at Cwmcuttan so they won't be disappointed re the red kites as we see them every day and they nest here in the spring.

:cry:

I rather wish we'd stayed at yours.....

:cry:

Still, the Brecon Beacons are beckoning for later in the year.............:winky:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Our van was returned after 2 mths yesterday ::bigsmile: We had had a new cam belt,a Habitation Check and a couple of faults we knew about sorted.The Hab Check threw up a couple of other problems,so with waiting for parts,then the snow,followed by Xmas etc it was away for 2 mths.
It came back late afternoon in puring rain,so I just got it onto the hard standing,hooked it up,put in an oil fired heater and left it for the night.
This morn I was out there at 0800-filling with water before breakfast,getting the taps working and the heating fired up.
Everything worked as it should,and we spent most of the day giving it all a good clean and packing the lockers etc (I had emptied every locker before it went in).
We're knackered now :ROFLMAO:and going away by car for a couple of days,but one morning next week will see us ready to hit the road again ::bigsmile:
I've booked a couple of nights at Cwmcuttan next weekend and a 'Photographers Hide' at Gigrin farm ,the Red Kite centre next Mon.
So,I'm well pleased with todays efforts-and,as a result of a thread on here our proposed Italian trip looks as if it's turning into a Spain and Morrocco trip ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Mike

Collected ours from dealers after over christmas visit for a hot water pipe leak repair and fitting of solar panel.

your post reminded me i needed to check evrything through - its has been very cold in that period.

please to say all works. Sunshine today showed solar panel was working.

not so pleased with hot water pipe repair - after 1 hour looked at it and it had it started leaking in same point it had gone in for repair. ended up repairing it myself - didn't fancy the round trip to the dealers again even though its not really that far.

anyway, without your post i may not have checked everything and would have found the leak first time out - so thanks for a timely and useful post. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm a newby and missed ours when it was away, does that qualify me as a nutter yet?? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back