Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hope this wasn't a funster:Eeek:

From the Chester Chronicle

COMMUTERS faced hours of disruption after a camper van exploded on a main road. Traffic backed up on the A55 near Chester after police closed the stretch between Sainsbury’s on the A41 and Wrexham Road on the A483, while firefighters tackled the blaze. At 1.18pm on Monday (January 3) firefighters were called to the junction after a camper van burst into flames on the slip road Fourteen firefighters battled to put out the blaze, which had spread through the rear of the Fiat Ducato camper van while it was travelling along the road.

A passing motorist, who noticed smoke billowing from the back of the vehicle, alerted the driver who had not realised that his van was on fire. more

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Would be interesting to find out the actual cause!

Stewart

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
As per my posting yesterday, I was there when the owner was telephoning the fire service, it must have been seconds before, it went up vewry quickly.

ShiftZZ

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
As per my posting yesterday, I was there when the owner was telephoning the fire service, it must have been seconds before, it went up vewry quickly.

ShiftZZ

What type of van was it? old/new? fiat? could you tell Dave?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
A55

We live a couple miles from where it happened, Chris got caught up in the traffic on her way to Sainsburys, the stupid police took ages to stop the traffic going down the slip way onto the A55.
Caused some massive queues.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
What type of van was it? old/new? fiat? could you tell Dave?

I think it was a twin axle Euromibile. I just got there when I saw the flames and smoke pouring out of it, the flames were fierce.
The owner was behind the motorhome on his mobile phone I was in the fast lane, so could not stop, I dont carry an extinguisher, so was of no use, it may be a good idea that I get one.

Age, dont know...

All I know it was a fierce fire... Scary

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Does it really need 14 firemen to put out a van fire?? :Doh:

Where did they all stand?? One next to each other with a hose on it, the force of the water hitting the van probably knocked it into next week!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Does it really need 14 firemen to put out a van fire?? :Doh:

Where did they all stand?? One next to each other with a hose on it, the force of the water hitting the van probably knocked it into next week!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK joking aside - just think of what COULD be in a motorhome - full LPG bottles/tank - full Petrol tank - flammable cooking fluids etc., etc., etc

Would you want to stand close up to it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back