French campsites Open all year (1 Viewer)

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Hi all i saw a thread about campsites in France that were 'open all year' Were these linked into european sites or do they have a link of thier own?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, is it you need to stay in France or travel through on route to Spain / Portugal ? they have a few open I have not looked at the ACSI book Link Removed but there are a few in it, but France is very cold in winter, and most of the Aires have the water turned off until you get to the south and it warms up a bit.:winky:::bigsmile:

A lot stay here: http://www.parcverger.com/ I think they give a discount to funsters.:Smile:

We love France but if the first time I went was in winter, we would never have gone back again. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have looked at the ACSI dvd and the 2008 version lists 198 sites throughout France open all year. These are ACSI inspected sites and may not take the discount card. The DVD is available from Vicarious Books.

I also looked at the ACSI website but it does not allow you to search by open all year.

If you are looking for a particular area I can have a look at the DVD and post on here.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
As bobandjane said, Parc Verger is open, and we have six rigs on site, all of whom enjoyed the Champagne reception on Christmas morning. We have more due in for the New Year, when we have a Beer & BBQ get together for all our guests.

Wherever you are have a happy and healthy 2011

Bob and Di

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Thanks for the replies. we are proposing to stop at Parkverger & have made contact with Bob & Di. I'm looking for something a little closer to eurotunnel for the day before we travel back home.

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Baie de Somme

Hi,

I don't know if you mind staying on an Aire but we have stayed on the Somme several times with no problems whatsoever.

Around the back there is parking for caravans and motorhomes and it is very peaceful. We have even stayed there all day and night with our 5er before heading for the tunnel.

If you go to Aire autoroutière de la Baie de Somme on Google it shows you maps etc.

Oh forgot to say it is about an hour's drive to the tunnel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Thanks for the replies. we are proposing to stop at Parkverger & have made contact with Bob & Di. I'm looking for something a little closer to eurotunnel for the day before we travel back home.

There is a Aires at Calais Port, well signed and quite close to eurotunnel.

We used it in December, in the snow, and the services were still available.

It's a little noisey, with the sea traffic, but for a short stay, its OK. Local shops, cafe's, take a ways on the edge of the aires, well used by the locals, which is always a good sign, and the fish/chips were great!!!:thumb:

As the local campsite was closed, there was no one collecting fees:Doh: so all in all a good deal.

Nomadic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back