Is it safe? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Is it safe to come out now? Has all the christmas hullaballoo finished? Have the sickening christmas songs ended? Have the vomit inducing adverts gone? Did anyone get their double glazing "in time for christmas"? Has the telly returned to "normal"?
l did switch on the telly once and was met by "the Railway Children"! ! ! STREWTH! ! ! !
Oh well. soon be back to normal. And in another 8 or 9 months the whole wretched garbage can begin all over again! :Doh:
Now how do l undo these long sleeved jackets that tie at the back?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
So many were looking forward to it, my mate Snowy seems to be the only one that had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Simsy, I had a lovely Christmas all told. I don't drink and I didn't overeat. My daughter managed to get home despite the bad weather and that made it really special. Lots of friends popping in to give me a hug .. best present in the world.

There are LOTS of people out there who hate the Christmas hype and the reason/problem to my mind is that the media tries to make out that if you don't drink, overeat, spend too much, have a knees up, laugh inanely all the time, etc, then you arn't enjoying yourselves ... in fact Christmas should be about everything else .. should be about reflection and helping make the world a better place and helping those less fortunate. We have forgotten the real meaning.

Once they stop telling us that Christmas is about having fun, then maybe everybody will start having fun in doing what the name Christmas stands for... just my opinion to which I AM entitled.

So don't feel on your own in your opinion ... there are loads of us also glad to see the back of it .. even those of us who enjoyed it. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
We have a fairly quiet Christmas. Only us for dinner then Tom's nephew and family come over for tea around 7, after they've visited his in-laws, now all the children are older we then spend the evening playing darts and cards and phoning relatives in the UK as we have free calls. The TV only gets turned on to entertain the 2 men when they want to watch the usual western adn which they always fall asleep infront of!
We then repeat the process on New years day but at their house.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We had a quiet Christma,s went out Christmas Eve, daughter`s on Christmas Day ,home yesterday and today not much to drink spent a few hours on here reading everybody else`s posts, all in all not bad, am back to work tomorrow so alls well and back to as normal as it gets hehehe :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
l did switch on the telly once and was met by "the Railway Children"! ! ! STREWTH! ! ! !

Now any male not moved by Jenny Agutter shouting "Daddy, my Daddy!" has to have a heart made of stone!

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We had a quiet christmas day with just me, Mrs estcres and youngest son at home.

No1 son and daughter came home for the day on Monday and then we had our meal and opened the presents, all gone home now and we are back to normal witha little bit of food left over which will be finished off tomorrow.

Spent today connecting up the hot water supply to the On-suite and correcting a couple of faults on the boiler which needed doing. Doing the cold water connection tomorrow.

Don't go back to work until the 4th so still have a few days of peace and quiet left.

Happy New Year to all funsters out there.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
WE had a good christmas now looking forward to the new year and on that note i will wish you all a happy new year ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back