Christmas Morning Benidorm (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion

Took the dogs for a walk early expecting the seafront to be quiet after the christmas eve celebrations::bigsmile:but everybody else must have thought the same:Sad:
its a bright sunny day here in Benidorm but chilly yet
Alan:Smile:

Attachments

• P1000418.jpg
    P1000418.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 95

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Lovely Pictures

Have a lovely day guys:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Christmas morning in benidorm

Happy Christmas. Wish we were there as it's a bit damp and chilly at Zahora, only one person has wished us happy christmas, they all seem to have their christmas together, thats the people who have been coming here for years! we are spending a very lonely christmas here :Sad: our friends came with there musical instuments and felt the same, so they left very quickly as we will do as soon as christmas is over. bambi 2

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Happy Christmas Alan, we arrive in Benidorm next Tuesday night and really looking forward to it. Let us know if you will still be there.

Dale, Graham & Emily

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benidorm

Happy Christmas Alan, we arrive in Benidorm next Tuesday night and really looking forward to it. Let us know if you will still be there.

Dale, Graham & Emily

Hi Dale and Family
We will be still here on Raco tuesday and you're quite welcome to call around for a coffee any time, we're on pitch 45
Merry christmas Alan and Julia:thumb:

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benidorm

Happy Christmas. Wish we were there as it's a bit damp and chilly at Zahora, only one person has wished us happy christmas, they all seem to have their christmas together, thats the people who have been coming here for years! we are spending a very lonely christmas here :Sad: our friends came with there musical instuments and felt the same, so they left very quickly as we will do as soon as christmas is over. bambi 2

Hi Bambi
Here,s wishing you a merry :Smile:merry::bigsmile: christmas sorry that you ar'nt enjoying Spain, if you drive further north towards Alicante area and you. l find the weather a lot better and plenty to do. We were wild camping for several weeks and we got as far south as mojacar and decided to head back up the coast to Benidorm where we have spent many happy winters, Raco is a very Friendly site and if you're passing, call in for a coffee, we're on pitch 45.
Alan and Julia

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Have a great day Alan n Julie ::bigsmile:

Enjoyed looking at your snow pics ::bigsmile:, but not really into the snow ourselves, you will have to talk Steph into coming to Spain :ROFLMAO:. Merry christmas to you both, love alan & julia.

ps Tom & Jean are here, and Geoff & Bet, so keep on to Steph about it

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Thanks for the invite Alan.
We were in Benidorm a couple of weeks ago, we stayed at the new Aire run by a dutch lady and her husband 9€ a night not far from el-cisne, we went into Benidorm on our bikes and the weather was lovely, but as we had made arrangements to come to what was called the "meet of meets", Ha Ha! we kept going til we got here, wish we were still at benidorm, they did meet in a bar last night, but as I was worried about walking alone around some strange spanish lanes :Eeek: late at night we did not go, just had one more happy christmas from a funster here. Happy New Year bambi 2

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what was called the "meet of meets", Ha Ha!

Well those were my words.

A load of nice FUNsters away from the snow. That was the plan. What could go wrong ? The weather was always an unknown, based on last year's messages it was always going to be mixed.

There is a big problem when you are an outsider, some push inside easily, some are too timid and wait to be pulled in, that doesn't always work.

I'm not there so difficult to comment but I do know that if you make the effort to mix the ringleaders are as friendly and welcoming as any folk on Earth.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Just been rattling to management and she is thinking welllll maybe next year leave here on 1st December with a view to coming back end of January. So maybe. :thumb:::bigsmile:

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Hi Dale and Family
We will be still here on Raco tuesday and you're quite welcome to call around for a coffee any time, we're on pitch 45
Merry christmas Alan and Julia:thumb:

Hi Alan,
Thinking about coming out in early Feb till end of Mar. What campsite are you at? and what are the dog walks like. Does the campsite have many "processionary caterpillars" in March.

Thanks Ian

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benidorm

Hi Alan,
Thinking about coming out in early Feb till end of Mar. What campsite are you at? and what are the dog walks like. Does the campsite have many "processionary caterpillars" in March.

Thanks Ian
We,re on Raco at the moment and there is a dog walk on site and plenty of good walks in the woods, but unfortunately there is usually catapillers about in spring but not on the site as they cut them down when ever any one tells them about them.We probably will be here but as the days get longer we may be of wildcamping again as there really is some beautifull places by the sea to park:Smile:

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
I knew they were your words Mr. Hilldweller, when we arrived we introduced ourselves to the organisers and chatted about our friends leaving early, we were told they are adults and it's up to them to make their own fun, it has cost a lot of money to get here only to feel isolated as we are left alone and feel very let down as there was no organisation at the time of our arrival, Fun!!! Oh no! not here!! :cry: a knock on the door and a happy christmas greeting would have been nice, luckily Suzy and Bryan are next door, they are the ones to wish us happy christmas. Happy Christmas to you also. :Smile: bambi 2

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have never been to Zahora and therefore have been wondering whether to post anything as I have followed this thread...

...as you can see I decided to.

Firstly...

Happy Christmas Bambi2...

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your visit to the Zahora "meet".

The way I see it is that this "meet" isn't a "meet" as I know it with stewards and a marquee where Funsters camp altogether at a motorhome (or music) show. At these meets someone (the marshall) normally greets you and helps park you up if needed etc and sometimes you even get a badge! These "formal" type meets only last a weekend...

I understand that in Zahora, Funsters are dropping in and out of the campsite over a period of months and choose to go to that particular site because of the special off season deal price-wise plus the fact that there will be some other Funsters there too.

I have met a few of the Funsters who are there at present and they were really friendly to me when I was a newby even though I am a loud mouthed, opinionated old man (and a City fan to boot !)

I do hope you choose to stay long enough to "break more ice" and find out that a lot of these strange people called "Funsters" are not so bad after all even if they don't support the right football team or eat Fray Bentos Pies. Maybe if the weather clears up and the sun comes out it will facilitate wandering around and meeting people more easily

JJ

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bambi2

I know a few who are there and had hoped to be there with you all. Sadly health and finances have stopped me, only had operation few days ago sadly but amazed your feeling in the cold.

Bryan and Suzy are great but where is Marie and Rex? they have always been very friendly to me and it's more a LMU lets meet up rather than a rally/meet as in formal.

Meets are what you make of them and maybe spending some time in the local might have helped get to know each other?

Anyway wishing you and merry xmas from me:Smile:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I knew they were your words Mr. Hilldweller, when we arrived we introduced ourselves to the organisers and chatted about our friends leaving early, we were told they are adults and it's up to them to make their own fun, it has cost a lot of money to get here only to feel isolated as we are left alone and feel very let down as there was no organisation at the time of our arrival, Fun!!! Oh no! not here!! :cry: a knock on the door and a happy christmas greeting would have been nice, luckily Suzy and Bryan are next door, they are the ones to wish us happy christmas. Happy Christmas to you also. :Smile: bambi 2

"Meet" is the key, what does it mean ? If you meet someone on a street you don't expect to be entertained do you. And this is what Zahora is all about, it was made clear many times this wasn't Bingo at 9 followed by coffee at 10. You wouldn't get me near one of those.

It's about being on the same site as some of the nicest people you will ever MEET.

I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression.

But it's not too late, get meeting them. Join in.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Find Ray & Geri, they have a Swift Kontiki, 07 plate, lovely people and very welcoming. The weather seems not to be bringing any Funsters outdoors by the sounds of it. I did a meet in November, bladdy awful weather so didnt hang around outside for long and felt others may of thought me ignorant. The weather makes a meet, I didnt organise everybody as I believe "you do your own thing and not be told what to do". Dont be disappointed, go carol singing it will sure break the ice ::bigsmile:

Regards

Dale

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Christmas morning in benidorm

Thanks for that advice Dale, and Happy boxing day to all, I went for a stroll around yesterday and met the people in the Kon Tiki, they have asked us to visit them this afternoon, so we look forward to that, Bye bambi 2 :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back