Fiat Ducato 2.0Jtd (1 Viewer)

tom1

Free Member
Dec 21, 2010
Funster No
Hi,

My wife and I are looking for our first motorhome. We are planning many weekend UK trips and an occasional trip through France. We have seen several vehicles that look like a good price, but built on a Ducato 2.0 Jtd.

I have been told that this may be a little underpowered for a 3.5t motorhome with a Luton bed such as a CI 656.

Has anyone any experience of such a vehicle? Would anyone recommend getting the engine remapped?

Thanks in advance

Tom

:helpsos:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi,

My wife and I are looking for our first motorhome. We are planning many weekend UK trips and an occasional trip through France. We have seen several vehicles that look like a good price, but built on a Ducato 2.0 Jtd.

I have been told that this may be a little underpowered for a 3.5t motorhome with a Luton bed such as a CI 656.

Has anyone any experience of such a vehicle? Would anyone recommend getting the engine remapped?

Thanks in advance

Tom

:helpsos:

Bit of gear changing on motorway inclines as standard, only 80HP, but chip it and wheelspin is the problem.

Grip is ALWAYS the problem, wet roundabouts and wet grass are a nightmare. But that is common to all the FWD MHs.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Bit of gear changing on motorway inclines as standard, only 80HP, but chip it and wheelspin is the problem.

Grip is ALWAYS the problem, wet roundabouts and wet grass are a nightmare. But that is common to all the FWD MHs.

We've remapped ours and had none of the above probs in 7,000 miles this yr. Praps losing weight from the right foot might help :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mike

ps-average fuel consumption is 32 mpg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It really depends how you drive. It seems a steady driver in a low profile will be fine in a smaller engined vehicle. You have to be willing to just potter along as it will be working harder, but driven sensibly (around 50mph tops) will give better consumption figures than its' bigger brothers.

If you plan to use a trailer, or tow a vehicle/carry plenty of equipment, then you may need to reconsider a more suitable engine size.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back