Meon Beach, Southampton/Portsmouth (1 Viewer)

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
We spent a night camped out beside the Solent; literally on the edge of the sea. All we could hear was the water lapping the beach.

Opposite Titchfield bird reserve there was an toilet block with outside tap that was opened in the early morning and closed in the evening.

Signs about no overnighting etc but out of season it seems OK and we parked right up at the far end where the road narrows to access only.

It was bonfire night and the families were down on the beach letting off fireworks and in the morning it was packed with dog walkers in the morning sun.

We will certainly be going back there;Link Removed

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I really love sitting watching the ship, that look really great.

I would be a bit way of the character in black hanging around though:winky::roflmto::roflmto:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks BionicPixie for the pic's Meon Beach looks like a good spot I will give it a try next time we are down that way.:thumb:
Buttons

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Glad you enjoyed my part of the country Lynne:thumb:

There are several spots along the Solent, from Gosport to Calshot and Lepe, that it is possible to spend a night. For me its magic to watch the shipping and general boating, and when the night wakes up and the lights come on over on the Island it is pretty special.:thumb:

Not bad for such a crowded part of the world!

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Glad you enjoyed my part of the country Lynne:thumb:

There are several spots along the Solent, from Gosport to Calshot and Lepe, that it is possible to spend a night. For me its magic to watch the shipping and general boating, and when the night wakes up and the lights come on over on the Island it is pretty special.:thumb:

Not bad for such a crowded part of the world!

Welcome to my part of the country as well:ROFLMAO:
As said above lots of nice places around here to tuck in for a night, my favorite is calshot.
Just a word of caution, where you were is a REALLY popular fishing spot, and it can get very busy on a big / evening tide especially in June / july when the Smouthounds are in.

But hay welcome and enjoy. Nice Pics :thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It doesn't get much nicer. l never get tired of that view.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Welcome to my part of the country as well:ROFLMAO:
As said above lots of nice places around here to tuck in for a night, my favorite is calshot.
Just a word of caution, where you were is a REALLY popular fishing spot, and it can get very busy on a big / evening tide especially in June / july when the Smouthounds are in.

But hay welcome and enjoy. Nice Pics :thumb:

It was really busy with dog walkers and families on the Sunday; the Saturday night was pleasant with the firework parties but busy enough! but I would not really like to try high-season as I suspect that the advertised patrols will be active on that stretch.

Even a few twitchers about looking for the Bittern which has been posted as being there.

We will be back to that region .... amazing space for so near to the city

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back