LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I quite often mention our Rottie sadly long gone. This is a photo taken on holiday in Dumfries and Galloway near Talnotry. The setting is a ruined farm we came across, I don't know who did the carvings or why. ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Bruce.jpg
    Bruce.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 54

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Now that looks one serious burglar alarm:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
He was as daft as I am....but I wouldn't have liked to see anyone touch Steph :Eeek: If we had a cuddle he would force his way between us look up at me and "grumble" he he :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Its true that dog was defiantly your, you looks so like him Ken.

BTW:- brilliant picture:thumb:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Stone Heads

I quite often mention our Rottie sadly long gone. This is a photo taken on holiday in Dumfries and Galloway near Talnotry. The setting is a ruined farm we came across, I don't know who did the carvings or why. ::bigsmile:

Beautiful dog. :Smile: According to a Dumfries & Galloway tourist brochure (probably circa 2008) "Hidden in an old sheep stell is the ‘Quorum’. This is a group of stone heads carved from local material and set into the walls of this enclosure. Created by Matt Baker and Doug Cocker a few years ago these heads were just the start of a 3-year project called ‘Art in the Galloway Forest Park’." :thumb:

Can't find anything more at present - my internet connection is very slow just now - but try Google! (Note to self :- Must stop annoying Wikileaks!) :ROFLMAO:

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Lovely photo Ken of one of the truly great breeds.

We have had three Rotties, the two girls have gone in the last two years aged 12 and 13, and our boy is fast approaching 10.

They have been wonderful friends, have been riden and used as bean bags by our Grandsons and have kept us safe.

They are noble dogs, dreadfully abused by some owners, and I treasure the love, companionship and joy they have brought to our lives.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Beautiful dog. :Smile: According to a Dumfries & Galloway tourist brochure (probably circa 2008) "Hidden in an old sheep stell is the ‘Quorum’. This is a group of stone heads carved from local material and set into the walls of this enclosure. Created by Matt Baker and Doug Cocker a few years ago these heads were just the start of a 3-year project called ‘Art in the Galloway Forest Park’." :thumb:

Can't find anything more at present - my internet connection is very slow just now - but try Google! (Note to self :- Must stop annoying Wikileaks!) :ROFLMAO:

Thanks very much for that we often wondered as Dumfries and Galloway is one of our favourite places. :thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Lovely photo Ken of one of the truly great breeds.

We have had three Rotties, the two girls have gone in the last two years aged 12 and 13, and our boy is fast approaching 10.

They have been wonderful friends, have been riden and used as bean bags by our Grandsons and have kept us safe.

They are noble dogs, dreadfully abused by some owners, and I treasure the love, companionship and joy they have brought to our lives.

Yep they are and it is a shame how idiotic owners sullied the breed. We lost ours at 9 year old. He developed "wobblers" syndrome more common apparently in horses. The bones in the spine between the shoulder blades crumble and impact on the nerves. He would cock his leg and fall over. We kept him as long as we could on steroids but the dosage got so high he just slept and it was time to let go. Saddest day of our lives, Steph is bubbling now watching me write this. :cry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Yep they are and it is a shame how idiotic owners sullied the breed. We lost ours at 9 year old. He developed "wobblers" syndrome more common apparently in horses. The bones in the spine between the shoulder blades crumble and impact on the nerves. He would cock his leg and fall over. We kept him as long as we could on steroids but the dosage got so high he just slept and it was time to let go. Saddest day of our lives, Steph is bubbling now watching me write this. :cry:

So am I and I am only reading it:cry:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
He was as daft as I am....but I wouldn't have liked to see anyone touch Steph :Eeek: If we had a cuddle he would force his way between us look up at me and "grumble" he he :ROFLMAO:

Looks like Steph had him well trained ken lol I actually thought that was you sitting on the wall next to himlol

I will ask around and try and find out why and who did the carvings for you ken

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry just noticed someone has found out for you should read all post before reply lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back