Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
HI,

We have finally today collected our Winnebago Minnie, got it home all great.

All of a sudden the LP Gas Leak Detector alarm keeps goiong off internittently, i have turned the heating off and switched the Gas Off at the tank but it is still going off.

I have the manuals etc and about to wade through but can anyine offer any advice expecially as I haev turned the gas off about half hour ago now:Sad:

Thanks
Gary

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

Don't know if this is it but the detector in our van went off because the leisure battery was cooking and giving off fumes.

Karen

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

Don't know if this is it but the detector in our van went off because the leisure battery was cooking and giving off fumes.

Karen

Sorry mean't to say smells a bit like rotten eggs (Sulphury)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi,

Karen

Thanks for that i had better check that one out

Cheers
Gary

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Detector internal battery low

If 12v powered, leisure battery low

Some aerosols can set them off

If you are certain there is no leak or none of the above .. Faulty or contaminated detector

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Before I fitted solar pannels mine used to go off for a few seconds if the batteries were down,have not had the problem since fitting solars,maybe a good idea to check the level of your batteries.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Do you have a battery isolator switch? it will give you peace until you can find out the fault if there is one.

Craig

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Agreed it will almost certainly be a low battery. If youve shipped it from the USA check the hab bats chances are they will be cream crackered :Doh:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Agreed it will almost certainly be a low battery. If youve shipped it from the USA check the hab bats chances are they will be cream crackered :Doh:

Agree with Dazzer, mine came with the batteries dead and alarm going off all the time. Run your engine or genny to give a bit of power to the unit. If the alarm stop's you need a new leisure battery.
Jim
:Smile:

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
So would I me right in thinking they are all connected to the house batteries?

I found mine the other month with tape over the sensor, I'm guessing this was done by the previous owner, the batteries were completely flat ie dry as a bone, so he may have not known why it may have gone off (if indeed it did?) and covered the sensor to prevent it from doing so?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I believe the alarm sounds to indicate low battery, ours went mad when I was swapping/testing our batteries, and confused me momenteraly when it went off dispite batteries disconnected, solar panel:Doh:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I read on RVOC ?? that dust in the alarm can upset it ? ---try cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner-----------------when you are not useing the m/home remove the fuse that feeds it ---------- the alarm seems to draw quite a lot of power running 24/7------------most likely cause is flat battery (or bad connection somewhere)
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back