Trip to local spanish butcher (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Well today was yet another wonderful experience. I decided to go to the local butcher in Conil, I have been there twice before and enjoyed it, its a lively tiny little shop always full of old spanish senoras.

Before anyone says it, yes, I do understand that is why I probably feel so comfortable there:ROFLMAO:

I took Bryan with me today, big mistake, he nearly passed out and had to go out of the shop. :Eeek:

He was ok whilst the old lady in front of me was telling the butcher what she wanted, but when the butcher cut off the turkey's neck then showed it to her amidst lots more instructions from her the butcher then cut off its head and started to take some spare skin off it before chopping it in half lengthways!

Bryan was horrified. He can't imagine what on earth the old lady is going to cook with it and doesn't recall ever seeing anything like that in Asda.

I don't think I'll ever get him off the beans and sausages now! :Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I took Bryan with me today, big mistake, he nearly passed out and had to go out of the shop. :Eeek:

We've got grounds for divorce here, this is intolerable treatment. I urge you to desist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well today was yet another wonderful experience. I decided to go to the local butcher in Conil, I have been there twice before and enjoyed it, its a lively tiny little shop always full of old spanish senoras.

Before anyone says it, yes, I do understand that is why I probably feel so comfortable there:ROFLMAO:

He was ok whilst the old lady in front of me was telling the butcher what she wanted, but when the butcher cut off the turkey's neck then showed it to her amidst lots more instructions from her the butcher then cut off its head and started to take some spare skin off it before chopping it in half lengthways!

Bryan was horrified. He can't imagine what on earth the old lady is going to cook with it and doesn't recall ever seeing anything like that in Asda.

I don't think I'll ever get him off the beans and sausages now! :Eeek:
I knew I knew, I shouldn't have let you go n shop on you own ....Bryan will get an unusual suntan.....beans orange if he is not careful take care both lol xxx

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bryan
Come home mate, weve made a bed up for you,
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Suzy is buying him a chain saw for Xmas.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I love shops like that, always remember going into a fishmongers at Retamar (just outside Almeria) with my friend and she asking the chap to fillet the fish which he did and was then gonna put all the head and all he'd removed into the bag and her saying to me when we came out - "Jen if you are planning on shopping here any time in the future when we aren't here with you, you really must learn the Spanish verb 'to want' " LOL (or NOT want!!!!)

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi suzy
I did 10 years as a butcher, so if you want any gorrie stories to scare your hubby with let me know, I remember at christmas we use to go in on a sunday to dress the turkeys and fill dustbins with the turkey ofal, and I do mean fill up. Pete. :winky::winky::winky:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Wondeful, all that lovely Turkey stock for the gravy.

Yum Yum

Peter
(salivating quietly here, need a clean shirt i've dribbled down this one)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
A tourist, new to Spain, goes to a fancy restaurant for dinner. He finds it very difficult to understand the menu. As he looks around the restaurant, he notices a diner at the next table is being served a very attractive garnished dish with two gigantic meatballs in the middle. It looks and smells delicious.

When the waiter asks him for his order the man, in very basic Spanish and sign language, asks him about the meatball dish. Fortunately the waiter speaks very good English and he explains that the meatballs are bull's testicles, and when the bull loses the bullfight, the bull is brought to the restaurant, and this beautiful dish is made.

The diner tells the waiter that he would also like bulls testicles for dinner, but the waiter tells him that only one bull a day is brought to the restaurant, but that he can have this dish tomorrow night, if he wishes. The diner agrees.

The next evening the diner goes to the restaurant and, as arranged, orders the testicle dish. When his food is brought to the table, he notices that the meatballs are extremely small - nothing like the size of the dish the previous evening. He mentions this to the waiter. The waiter replies, ''Well, sir, you have to understand, sometimes it is the bull that wins the bullfight''.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Suzy, tell bryan thats what goes in sausages.....he'll never eat another by the sound of it :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I bought black pudding last week, he was not amused! ::bigsmile:

I think he wants to go home - just to do some shopping perhaps buy a 37ft RV load it with sausages and beans and come back again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I bought black pudding last week, he was not amused! ::bigsmile:

I think he wants to go home - just to do some shopping perhaps buy a 37ft RV load it with sausages and beans and come back again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You should have gone to Benidorm Suzy :ROFLMAO: you can ENGLISH food there. :Doh:

Fish & Chips, Sausage & chips & Steak Pie & chips. Maybe you shouldn't let Bryan see this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We went into our supermarket on site and picked up what we thought was oven chips, all in Spanish, put on baking tray and 45 minutes later had a look thought they were cooked nice golden brown, served them up CALAMARIE or as we now know slimey chips YUK:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
One thing I love is Spanish ham.

Do you buy a big ham Suzy?

I was going to say just "do you buy a big one":Blush: whoops now I've said it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back