Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Anyone want to organise a Funster rally at Belvoir Castle Grantham next year? It is run by Warners, its a motorhome show and music event. I heard that the first one last year was very good.

The marshals will go free if we have a few book on, don't worry if you have marshalled an even before, you'll get plenty of help:thumb: Shout up here if you want to go or you want to marshal it.

The Great Escape

Belvoir Castle
Grantham
NG32 1PE
17th, 18th & 19th June 2011

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Is this the followon to 'Prestwold' Warners Midsummer Event? If so sounds as if they are allowing club areas this year unlike last year at Prestwold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Is this the followon to 'Prestwold' Warners Midsummer Event? If so sounds as if they are allowing club areas this year unlike last year at Prestwold.

Looks like it :Smile: 2 Open air music concerts over the weekend, but not controlled by the MCC this time :Smile: so it will be more like the normal Warners show, with individual club areas

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Jim

We would like to go for the meet at Belvoir castle :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
last year it was and this is copied from warners site.

'Jimmy Jermain & band as Cliff Richard, Steve Black & band as Tom Jones and a Queen tribute act from Queen B. The Saturday evening entertainment was an incredible treat with music from Abba and The Bee Gees.'

All tribute bands but the music was enjoyable and it was the coldest, windyest, wettest weekend we had had in ages

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sounds great guys...

I too would be interested in attending.

Regards Steve.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
This years was good - although no Funsters area many of us managed to meet up so was a good weekend - put us down for attending that :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We will almost certainly be going again ! Last year we had a really good time :thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Sounds like one we could tack on at the end of our Scottish trip so hope to be there:thumb:

Looking forwards to
Happy Sunny Daze

Chrisboyo N Liz

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Rita and I could be up for this one, but can't say for definite, until nearer the time.

Cheers,

Jock.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Sounds great, we will put it into our diary, but its pretty close to our trip to Germany.

Would love to be there though, so will do some jiggery pokery nearer the time.

Regards

Pat and Neil

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Link Removed

Spoke to Warners yesterday and bookings can be made early in the New Year for this meet - just mention you are with MHF and you will get your discount.

Nigel and Pamala

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I hope to go but cant afford to book at the moment.

Bought no present or anything for Xmas but has some paint done on my Caravan were I damaged it.

Have the storage fee for the RV coming up to.

Goes accross my Birthday to on the 18th I'll be 57:Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile: John you will just be a young whippersnapper then.:Smile:

You're probably like me and hoping the six numbers come up before then... My house has fallen down around me this last month, my MOT due on van and car, oh crumbs..... GOT TO MAKE IT NEXT YEAR... Keep up this thread to give us all inspiration PLEASE...:Smile:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Great escape

Yes we are going to book this one enjoyed the last one i think the musics robbie williams and grease

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
17TH 18TH 19TH
JUNE

The Midsummer Great Escape offers you

• Over 180 exhibitors selling everything from luxury British, European and American motorhomes and caravans as well as vast selection of accessories to compliment your camping experience.
  • Camp with us for the weekend and you can enjoy TWO open air concerts with the music of Grease, Robbie Williams and The Last Night of the Proms included in your camping costs.
  • A full daytime activity programme including circus workshops, activity workshops, a fun dog show, pub quizzes, bingo, balloon modelling workshops, magic shows and much more!
  • Visitors can also enjoy a great daytime music programme including music from Robert L Hughes, Corey Lewis, John Barker, Hope Country Gospel Show and Josh Doyle.
  • And there's more ..... Belvoir Castle have kindly offered our campers a discounted offer to visit the castle on the Sunday
NEW for 2011

We are pleased to introduce club rally areas at The Midsummer Great Escape which will offer club members fantastic camping discounts

Introducing a club area for all MMM Club Members which includes great weekend discounts for camping, a special show pack and exclusive entry to a hog roast on Thursday.

Entertainment

Included with your camping pitch are TWO open air concerts.

Friday night, sing-a-long to hits such as Summer Nights', You're the One That I Want, Sandy, Grease Lightnin', Angels, Millennium, Rock DJ, Let Me Entertain You, She's the One and many more.

Music on the Saturday night will be provided by the National Concert Orchestra of Great Britain and will feature Bernie Clifton performing a selection of traditional favourites such as Jerusalem, Rule Britannia, Pomp & Circumstance to popular arias including Nessun Dorma, O Sole Mio, You Raise Me Up, Bring Him Home and Ave Maria. Music from the Movies will also be featured including the Dam Buster's March, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean and much more!

Booking will open soon for this fantastic summer event, so bookmark this page and make sure the dates are in your diary!

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Will keep following this thread.

Paul and me are def intetested, sounds like a great , fun weekend

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Had a great time at the Great Escape last year, and all the better this time with a FUN MEET please put us down, looking forward to it. Carol & Eddie.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Last year, despite problems with the site around the toilet area, this was a Brilliant Show and had a superb time with all the Funsters who were there ... we had to arrange to meet up together. It can only be better if we have our own area.... Please put me down. Joy

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Hi
Yes we plan to go, couldn't marshall as Pete's not really fit enough.
Used to love the outdoor concerts at Lincoln. We have grandchild due beginning of July, so plan to stay in the UK this summer and head for Spain/Portugal around October.
Peter & Glynis

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We are planning to attend this one - great with the outside concerts. :Smile:

When I checked earlier, they are not taking online bookings at the moment :Sad:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We will keep an eye on this thread to see when we can book online. Jeff and I plus the 2 dogs will defo be coming to this one, sounds like a good one.

thanks Jim for starting this one off

will get the wine chilling!!!

Andrea
xx

aka
Mrs Stig
she who must be obeyed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!