alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Saga ,brilliant is all I can say £290ish all in fully comp two drivers . Lots of extras and great service ,matched my wifes no cliaims discount as she was already insured with them . Then her car insurance renewal has just come troiugh and because she had another policy with them they gave her a second car discountsaved another 20% . Brilliant :thumb::thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just keep your eye on next year premium, they have a habit of making the first year cheap and each successive year lot more expensive.

Doug...

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Got my Citroen toad with them.

Hope not to need em though:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
They used to be most competetive on the house insurance, no longer our broker found another reputable company £250 cheaper.

If you try and get a quote from them on line and you are insured with them...... NO Chance, you blocked !

When we had a claim, they were good at sorting it out though but that was when they were Saga before the takeover.

Peter

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
They used to be most competetive on the house insurance, no longer our broker found another reputable company £250 cheaper.

If you try and get a quote from them on line and you are insured with them...... NO Chance, you blocked !

When we had a claim, they were good at sorting it out though but that was when they were Saga before the takeover.

Peter

SNAP!

Doug...

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I changed my mh insurance last year as Saga wanted to charge me about £370.00 went through Insurance Choice, swapped car insurance when Saga wanted 300 went to Swinton this year Saga want 650 for home insurance so will be looking elswhere,:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry: not good are they!!!!!!!

ticktok

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years
Saga ,brilliant is all I can say £290ish all in fully comp two drivers . Lots of extras and great service ,matched my wifes no cliaims discount as she was already insured with them . Then her car insurance renewal has just come troiugh and because she had another policy with them they gave her a second car discountsaved another 20% . Brilliant :thumb::thumb:

Just be carefull next year the premium will go sky high!!:whatthe:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Saga

Cant beleive it ::bigsmile: thought they were brilliant ,well ill soon find out next year ,thanks guys for your comments.:thumb:

goffer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
I went to get a quote from saga but i found one cheaper on another site but because i was already a customer with saga they matched the cheaper quote so im happy:Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I went to get a quote from saga but i found one cheaper on another site but because i was already a customer with saga they matched the cheaper quote so im happy:Smile:

Now that is what annoys me! If they can give you the lower rate after you have found some-one else, why cant they give that as a reward for loyalty.
My renewal from Saga was £480 I found another company offering better deal for £250.
Saga said Ok we will Give you the same price. My response was as my signature:ROFLMAO:

Don

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Saga used to be a great company to deal with, was with them for years quotes always good and service if you had an accident was excellent, then they sold out and it all changed.

Also had my mother and car with them (afterall they are for the over 50s supposedly with no upper age limit) when she turned 75 the quote went up by just over £200 she had had no claims or accidents girl i asked on the phone there said it was the system now they had been taken over - so they lost my mums insurance business as well you dont take a quote that puts your insurance up to double what it was

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
It really gets up my nose. I have always believed in loyalty and up untill 12 months ago realised that the reward was for new customers, not for loyalty. My extra cost whent to pay for the reduced rates for new-comers. So now I am one of the cheap new customers, and will be every year untill such times as these companies realise,
"LOOK AFTER YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMER"

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am with comfort but you have to shop around every year or you end up paying to much

fixitjohn

Free Member
May 5, 2010
telford
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
8yrs
saga a warning to all

Hi guys, newbie here,
Never Ever give an insurance company permission to auto-renew your policy every year, because I stupidly did! it was because we were always abroad at renewal time in october and was scared of forgetting to re-insure.
It ran ok for two years then in 2009 I told them by phone no thanks this time it was too much, going with another rival company, to make a long tale short they took out 2009 and 2010 premiums (over £600 ) each time!
no policies ever recieved or quotes just took out the money from my credit card! it takes forever to get some of it back and no apologies or explanations! moral here always in writing and registered mail too!
:Doh:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Devon Monaco on Renault Master with 2.4 litre diesel engine, auto gearbox, two ancient drivers and no accidents or convictions. European recovery included.

Comfort £280 upwards
Sureterm £301
Safeguard £313
Saga £489

Saga seem to draw their quotations from the hat.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
got my renewal today for car from saga my first year with them £270 .they want £420
shop around got it for £220 . also got motorhome with them its up in february expecting a big price increase .:Angry:

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
I was with Saga .... then read the fine print! fair enough business travel not covered but also and explicitly no cover for travelling in it TO premises of work; checked and that included my going to work Friday morning and carrying on after work to go for the weekend. Probability was if I had an accident then I would have NO cover as my journey had included a visit (no matter how fleeting) to my place of work:Eeek:.

Now with Safeguard with class 1 business cover! (and cheaper) happy days it means that I can claim expenses to travel (if available) ..:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Saga have never been anywhere near for me whether it's car, motorhome, house or travel insurance. I've never yet had the mythical free pen sent either!

:Angry: :censored:2 :Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Managed the free pen this year when they under quoted Virgin (later found out thats not hard to do!) and we took out insurance on our second car.

Gave us a good quote for our new motorhome and this included storage at a Gold Cassowa site.

A week later when ringing to confirm speaking to another operator they denied quote included secure storage and wanted another £61 told em to poke it!:Angry:

Stewart

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I tried Saga, they said,, p**S off sonny, come back when your old enough.:ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
Been with Saga for 3 years with motorhome. Started at £250ish comprehensive, two drivers. In the 3 years it has gone to £550 this year with no changes in circumstances and no claims!
Went on line with CaravanGuard ( which is incidentally based in my home town of Halifax ) and got the same cover for £272 including breakdown cover and unlimited European insurance cover.:thumb:
Won't ever touch Saga again. My car is also covered by Saga but will be changed on expiry!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

That building was built by the original SAGA company Brian. I know it well as I lived close by ( it used to be a police base).
Once they were taken over everything changed. Saga had a very definite advantage as they believed in providing for the oldies and were well respected in Folkestone where they had their first offices.
The new owners (the AA) just seem to be out to make money out of us over 50's, they don't give a toss about the ageing population. Exactly the same way they gave up on the motorist when financial services looked like the golden fleece.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
When ever we have had a quote from saga for any insurance they have been so far out of the ball park we now don't even get a quote from them.

My RV is insured for Business including driver training shows and any other related business use plus social domestic and pleasure any driver, UK and abroad, without any need to inform them what I am doing or when admitted not cheap £695.00 but I was being quoted well over double this or we won't insure it for learners so I don't think for the cover I have got, it's bad.

All the best Rick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back