Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Hi everyone
Just put the air blown heating on to give a boost as getting cold down here and it worked perfectly.:thumb:
Now wont come on at all.:ROFLMAO:
Neither of us are engineers so looking for easy things to check before we call out help.
Would appreciate any answers please.
Thanks
Jaen

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have you got plenty of gas,, spose it`s a silly answer,, but our guage shows quarter full and it`s nearly empty.. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
If any part of your hot water system isn't reasonabley full the furnace will not ignite.

I remember at the begining of this year I had drained my hot water tank and closed the inlet valve.

When I filled up with water I forgot about the valve on the hot water system and so no water was getting to the hot water tank.

This meant that the safety switch on the furnace would not allow the gas to light. Just a suggestion.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
C
Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Heating

Hi
No idea what make and model - sorry but would also have no idea where to look. Yep me blonde and Col not hands on.:ROFLMAO:
Plenty of lpg gauge showing nearly half full and is usually pretty close to what we have.
Jaen x

OP
OP
C
Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Heating

Hi
Hot water fine - that was about the only thing we new to check.
Bless think we perhaps are both blonde - been fulltiming for 3 years and something always sneaks up on you. But we still love it.
Jaen x

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If yours is any thing like mine your hot water and Blown heating are on two separate burners/boilers/gas heaters units.

which if so would narrow it down a bit,, I would listen while swithing it on and off to see if you can hear a click sound, if yes the igniter would seem to be ok, and go from there and start to look at gas or thermostat.. but if you cant hear a click I would be looking for a blown fuse first.. these are just my opinions, perhaps someone with a yank rv will be along soon.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Yup, furnace and water heater should be separate, well I never heard of a combined unit on a Yank before.

Following on from winnethebrave's similar probs, start with thermostat and check contacts clean, then fuses, main power unit and as said above if you can find the unit and hear it listen to see if it trying to light(ticking), mind you I can never hear ours as it's well buiried under the sink/cooker area.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
If yours is any thing like mine your hot water and Blown heating are on two separate burners/boilers/gas heaters units.

which if so would narrow it down a bit,, I would listen while swithing it on and off to see if you can hear a click sound, if yes the igniter would seem to be ok, and go from there and start to look at gas or thermostat.. but if you cant hear a click I would be looking for a blown fuse first.. these are just my opinions, perhaps someone with a yank rv will be along soon.

Yup, furnace and water heater should be separate, well I never heard of a combined unit on a Yank before.

Following on from winnethebrave's similar probs, start with thermostat and check contacts clean, then fuses, main power unit and as said above if you can find the unit and hear it listen to see if it trying to light(ticking), mind you I can never hear ours as it's well buiried under the sink/cooker area.

Yes folks, true, a senior moment :Doh:
Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
C
Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Heating

You guys are great :thumb: - so blonde answer yep went looking for clicking and found it in air con unit in roof - so totally confused:ROFLMAO:. Furnice as far as we know buried below cooker.
OK we have given in cuz we off site in few days for our one nighter !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:which we all love in the winter - not - so medics popping round.
Really appreciate all your help incase we had missed the obvious but starting to backtrack and check things is not in our world - we would probably cause more mahem.

Thanks guys :thumb:- will let you know outcome

Cheers
Jaen x

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mine became erratic and was a dirty fuse (felt a right plum when the mechanic just cleaned it:Blush:)

Worth a look.

OP
OP
C
Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Heating

Hi folks
Well we is sorted. Col did go check fuses, struggled with finding thermostat etc etc etc:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Motorhome Medics came to the rescue:thumb: and it was outside and showed Col - bad connection - come on I'm blonde - all in all he knows what to look for now.:thumb:
What brilliant people Motorhome Medics are - cant praise them enough.:thumb::thumb:
Thanks for all your help from two well toasty people.:thumb:
Jaen xxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back