My Weekend Away at Pego do Altar... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Arrived here at 4.00pm yesterday (Friday) and immediately caused a stir amongst the natives by parking up the VeloSolex.

Bit wet underfoot so moved away from the majority of the "off site" motorhomers to another spot 100 yards away...

Lovely grub at the nearby restaurant (free wi-fi for customers)... a bit in the Chat room and bed.

As promised by my new Tomtom (yes, it even gives you the weather forecast) I woke up to sunshine...

Yippee...

Am planning the longest (helmet-less) VeloSolex journey (8kms) into Alcacer da Sal.

Will report later.

JJ

Attachments

• velosolex causes interest.jpg
    velosolex causes interest.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 77
  • saturday morning view first thing.jpg
    saturday morning view first thing.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 71
  • the dam's sluice gate.jpg
    the dam's sluice gate.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 70

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just checked the milage from Pego to Alcacer. Its 8.3 MILES, or 13.3 km, should be a nice ride.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hydecolt

Free Member
Jan 7, 2008
Traveling in europe
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
full timed 8 years/traveled 4 years
lovely place Alcaser, with realy nice and helpful people, we have stayed there a couple of times,about 9 weeks in all, love the whole area, Pega is usually full with Wild campers all over the winter months.
wish we were there now:-{

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
The free tank of petrol when you bought it not run out yet ?? :winky::ROFLMAO:

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
My Weekend Away at Pego do Altar

I've been hearing tales that the parking at Pego is difficult now as a lot of it has been fenced off :cry: is this true? as we were to be going there in a couple of weeks. Bambi 2

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You sure thats not the sewage system JJ

Enjoy your Solex ride

Definitely not sewage although, as I am well used to living in the Wagon with it's collection of interesting odours, it wouldn't matter much to me if it was...:ROFLMAO:

lovely place Alcaser, with realy nice and helpful people, we have stayed there a couple of times,about 9 weeks in all, love the whole area, Pega is usually full with Wild campers all over the winter months.
wish we were there now:-{

Hi Hydecolt. Don't know when you were last here but it has all changed now. At Pego Altar the man with the house on the hill has fenced off the land surrounding his house (maybe he has sold it.) This includes the bit where a lot of the campers used to park (with his permission). So there is not nearly as much room here as before. Still beautiful though! :thumb:

Definitely looks like an aerobic digestor to me.

Peter

Please refer to answer given above... :winky:

The free tank of petrol when you bought it not run out yet ?? :winky::ROFLMAO:

Not yet Sir Mo, no yet... :RollEyes:

JJ

PS. You are right about the distance Doug... but no trouble for VeloSolex Man. After warming up the tyres it flew to Alcacer and back... total travel time approx. 2 hours including a coffee break...

Attachments

• not far to go now....jpg
    not far to go now....jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I've been hearing tales that the parking at Pego is difficult now as a lot of it has been fenced off :cry: is this true? as we were to be going there in a couple of weeks. Bambi 2

whoops bambi 2... your post came in as I was posting my last reply... as I said there... not as much space but all the space on the left hand side by the lake and the wide part of the road by the dam and all around the toilet block near Rui's restaurant is still available...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back