Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Does anyone know if a Sky tv signal with a 85cm dish can be picked up in Peniscola, Spain?

The coverage map shows it to be a bit too far south but I am sure I read somewhere that a signal is just possible to get there.

Any advice welcome

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Yes you can get UK TV satellite signals in Peniscola on an 85cm dish.

At the risk of hijacking the thread:Blush: can you give further advise re Calpe/Benidorm area please. You stated in another thread that some Brit Sky channels could be recieved on an 80cm dish.
If I find I need/want a bigger dish, could you please tell me where i can buy one (you?) and roughly how much I'm looking at?

Ta:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
At the risk of hijacking the thread:Blush: can you give further advise re Calpe/Benidorm area please. You stated in another thread that some Brit Sky channels could be recieved on an 80cm dish.
If I find I need/want a bigger dish, could you please tell me where i can buy one (you?) and roughly how much I'm looking at?

Ta:thumb:

UK TV comes from 4 satellites, each with their own signal "characteristics".
The FTA BBC and ITVs are on Astra 2d, and in Calpe Benidorm you need a big dish for them - like 1.8m or 2.4m
Astra 2a and 2b have two "beams" a north and a south - and these carry the majority of the Sky pay channels. The north beams can be tricky to receive mid afternoon even on a "big dish" - north beams include Sky SPorts News, Eurosport 2.
The south beams are easy to receive and should be ok on an 60 or 80cm dish - channels like Sky News, Sky 1, Sky SPorts 1,2,3.
Then there is Eurobird 1, that carries a load of the FTA "crap" channels - like True MOvies and the "slapper" channels...should be OK to get on an 80cm dish.

So as you can see, you can get some UK TV channels on an 80cm dish in Calpe / Benidorm, but ifd you want the FTA BBC / ITVs then look big.

Thoise towns are at the very edge of my service area but:
In Calpe : Skyline satellites - opposite the bus station
In Benidorm: Digital Satellite Systems (behind Carrefour)

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks for that. :thumb:

Does that include the main BBC/ITV channels as they are the only ones I am bothered with?

In Peniscola they should be available all day...those channels are weakest around 12midnight anyway, which is when you may experience some loss.
although remember any heavy rain / cloud cover will not help.

Found this on another thread using the search options here!
"On my van I have a Kathrein Cap 900 auto system generally regarded as being the best pan european system. The system is balanced to use the complete dish area.
With no changes to the Kathrein receiver I pick up all channels at all times down as far as Peniscola. Then no BBC/ITV until Cabo de Gata and even then its patchy late at night.
However if I used a sky box set to the southern beam I would expect to get Sky sports and the other channels like 5 previously mentioned in areas between Peniscola and Cabo."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
"On my van I have a Kathrein Cap 900 auto system generally regarded as being the best pan european system. ."

Many thanks again for the info. :thanks2: Very Helpful

I looked up the Kathrein Cap 900 system. At £2599 I think I will stick to my Sky box & £99 dish....that is of course if I can get signals in Peniscola...:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Gary, we tried to get into that site at Peniscola last February and it was FULL:Doh: don't know when your going but may be worth booking. :Smile: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back