Linking up (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
A message to anyone out there who would like to meet up at weekends
......just to keep the MH enthusiasm going and, of course depending on people's diary and commitments.
I am based in Norfolk and am quite prepared to travel say 100-150 miles for a weekend meet and if others are prepared to do the same it gives us all a 200-300 mile radius.
It may be that something similar goes on already (not fully used to the site yet) so please excuse if there is.
Anyone who plays a musical instrument (I don't unfortunately) would be a real asset.
?
:Smile:
Gaudie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Are you booked on the hog roast in two weeks time Gaudie ??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How to arrange a meet..

Meets are a fun way for members to meet in an informal setting. They are always held on a commercial site. There is nothing to organise apart from putting the meet in the calender, along with a bit of info maybe outlining how nice the site is and making mention of it in the Meets and rallies forum, something like;

"We are going to be at Pembrey Country Park Caravan Club Site on the weekend of the 14 March, If you are interested in coming along and meeting us there, please say so here. To find out more see details of the site in the calendar entry"

Members that are interested will say as much on the thread and should make a booking with the site direct, ensuring that they mention MotorhomeFun so the Funsters are all pitched together.

You might have one person turn up, maybe six, who knows. People will say in the thread if they are going. If you put up a meet and no one can make it, no problem, you were going there anyway. Either way - Have Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone who plays a musical instrument (I don't unfortunately) would be a real asset.
Gaudie

Indeed.

We pulled into this campsite in Morocco. Pricked our ears up. Good Jazz. I thought "someone puts good music in their stereo, bit loud, hope others like jazz".

Wandered round, there were a load of campers bashing out the jazz. Got talking to them, a crowd of Dutch who make a convoy every year and head for Morocco, 40 vehicles I think, mainly caravans. Oh boy were they good. There is nothing like live music, MP3 may capture the sound very well but it's watching the fingering that tops it off.

Bit outside your 200 mile radius, but think BIG, Gaudie did.

OP
OP
GAUDIE
Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Meat meet

Are you booked on the hog roast in two weeks time Gaudie ??

Thanks for your reply. No I am not and am afraid that I don't eat meat which means hog roasts meets are not the best for me.
Gaudie (vegetable)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Gordon
We can't go far from our home area for a while !!!!--------But if you want to pass away a few hours we would love to have you camp by us!! Pamala might even knock up a veggie dish!!:thumb: I can't remember where you are based:Doh:but we are near Mildenhall, Suffolk at the moment (on a Caravan Club CS £9 a night with EHU)-----If you fancy it , give us a shout :thumb:
Pamala & Nigel

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks for your reply. No I am not and am afraid that I don't eat meat which means hog roasts meets are not the best for me.
Gaudie (vegetable)

Gaudie, the hog roast is only on the saturday night and they do some vegetarian options too. So why not just come along and meet some funsters xxx you wont be the only vegetarian there xxxxx

OP
OP
GAUDIE
Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Hi

Hi Gordon
We can't go far from our home area for a while !!!!--------But if you want to pass away a few hours we would love to have you camp by us!! Pamala might even knock up a veggie dish!!:thumb: I can't remember where you are based:Doh:but we are near Mildenhall, Suffolk at the moment (on a Caravan Club CS £9 a night with EHU)-----If you fancy it , give us a shout :thumb:
Pamala & Nigel

Hi both
Thank you for your kind invitation which I would like to take up, preferably at a weekend if possible as I tend to be busy and have commitments during the week.
What weekends are you free ie this coming one or???
Whenever, it would be good to see you both.
Gordon

OP
OP
GAUDIE
Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Repeat message

Hi both
Thank you for your kind invitation which I would like to take up, preferably at a weekend if possible as I tend to be busy and have commitments during the week.
What weekends are you free ie this coming one or???
Whenever, it would be good to see you both.
Gordon

Hi Pamala & Nigel
I am sending this message again because it may not have been sent correctly the first time or the reply may be a place that I have not looked (not fully conversant with this site!!)
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back