Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We are sadly having to sell our motorhome. We've bought a cafe and our weekends will be tied up for the next twelve months. Is ebay the best option or can anyone recommend anywhere else? We do hope to buy another maybe smaller model in 2012 but there's no use paying for this one to sit in the storage compound for a year.

OP
OP
rav4girly

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We are sadly having to sell our motorhome. We've bought a cafe and our weekends will be tied up for the next twelve months. Is ebay the best option or can anyone recommend anywhere else? We do hope to buy another maybe smaller model in 2012 but there's no use paying for this one to sit in the storage compound for a year.

DOH:Doh: I just realised that I can place an ad on the MotorhomeFun site.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Ebay is good for exposure .. use a classified ad with the reserve at the price you will accept .. include a contact number , then if it's sold 'outside' ebay you can delist and won't pay the final price fee.

Also good is PreLoved .. free listings :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ebay is the best for internet selling/exposure followed by preloved.

basic preloved is free to advertise but for £5 you get 'full' membership for 12 months which means your ads will get priority listing and immediate response from buyers instead of a week or two waiting for replies on free membership.

£25 gets premium membership which is enhanced listing with borders etc.
no listing or final price fee's either.

advertise in as many places as you can find for free.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
DOH:Doh: I just realised that I can place an ad on the MotorhomeFun site.

My advice is that if you don't need the money is to keep the van and use if you can.

It's known to you and you know the faults, sell it and you are back on the retail trail again with all its pitfalls.

Good luck with the new venture, dont burn the sausages.:thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
rav4girly

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
Have to ask.....what happens to the cafe after 12 months??

LOL hopefully we will be doing well enough to employ someone to manage it so we can have some time off. :winky:

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
selling motorhome

i used flea-bay to sell mine , i had it at what i knew was a good sell price with all the extras thrown in ( generator drive away awning , table chairs ) & all the engine spares filters , fuses in fact everthing motorhome.
i did have 2 lookers who said t was first class for the year & money etc , but not the layout for them ,
so while i was driving near home a local garage had a sign for wanted motorhomes , i sold it to the dealer for more than i was asking on e-bay , preloved & other sites , and the best part is i was able to keep all the extras that i was willing to let go to clinch a deal ?, plus i got back the same money has i paid for it 3 1/2years ago, as i live up a cul de sac with only 12 houses ,it was no use advertising outside the home. my advice is to sell with a sign in the window if parked outside your home, you only need one buyer ?, as i say i was more than happy with my sale & the garage who had only one m/h for sale which was mine , sold it 4 weeks later with a £ 4,ooo mark up , so we were both happy.
lots of luck with your sale.
mr bean:thumb:

OP
OP
rav4girly

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
I live up a cul de sac too. I realise it's probably not the best time of year to sell it either.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thanks, useful replies for my friend to who has moved to USA and she is going to sell her Stargazer Motorhome, I will pass you helpful answers on to her but could be difficult as she is in America

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
It might be worth having a pre sale inspection done by an independant inspection company, you will then have a a detailed report to show prospective buyers, there's a few about, one i have used is Link Removed

there not cheap around £300/400 if I remember, but it could help sell it

get all your paperwork ready its what buyers want to see...

dont forget to check with your insurance about test drives,

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Why not hire it out with a management company? You get to have the motorhome there for the odd escape - and it will give a helpful extra income stream whilst the cafe has your attention.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back