LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
What do you folks use to keep the floor clean, vacuum cleaner, mains or 12v, dustpan and brush, broom, don't bother 'til you get home?

Any sensible suggestions considered so that leaves the nutters out of it!
:roflmto:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
What do you folks use to keep the floor clean, vacuum cleaner, mains or 12v, dustpan and brush, broom, don't bother 'til you get home?

Any sensible suggestions considered so that leaves the nutters out of it!
:roflmto:

Sandra cleans the floor with brush and pan every day and as to not bothering until we get home, when we are in the MH we are home.

Doug...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I find if it gets very dirty, grassy etc.. a normal brush and pan of no use, so I brush it with a really tough scrubbing brush into a pile then, if at home, suck the pile into the hand held vacuum. Personally the 12v ones don't seem strong enough to do the van properly and the rechargeable dyson I use from home doesn't hold its charge long enough to clean it properly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Link RemovedLink Removed
We use one of these on the carpets. They are great and rechargeable. My mum uses one for the carpets upstairs at there house to save lugging the dyson up there.
I use a dustpan and brush on the vinyl flooring , then give them a wipe with a throw away flash cleaning wipe.
I like to keep the motorhome clean , so I do it everyday whilst away. We have got 3 kids and two dogs though. We take our shoes off and always clean the dogs down before they go in , but i think it still gets grubby if I dont do it everyday.
When we bring it home we give it a propper going over with the Dyson.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have a small brush and pan and also a 12v hoover we use to keep it clean while away and give it a good clean when home. We have never took the carpets with us so lino just takes a wipe down.

Gerry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
make sure we dont have dirty shoes on in the van, but we use a brush and pan and also use the flash floor wipes

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Well ours is magic, I just take dog for a walk and when I get back it is all shiny and clean better ask Lynda how it happens

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Mains vac for me, i have a white dog who loses more hair than me:Eeek:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I would not dream of interfering with Steph's hobbies, she has a right to some pleasures to herself. :thumb:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
£35.37 from amazon with free delivery. :thumb:

Link RemovedLink Removed
We use one of these on the carpets. They are great and rechargeable. My mum uses one for the carpets upstairs at there house to save lugging the dyson up there.
I use a dustpan and brush on the vinyl flooring , then give them a wipe with a throw away flash cleaning wipe.
I like to keep the motorhome clean , so I do it everyday whilst away. We have got 3 kids and two dogs though. We take our shoes off and always clean the dogs down before they go in , but i think it still gets grubby if I dont do it everyday.
When we bring it home we give it a propper going over with the Dyson.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:thumb::thumb: thiry quid 240 volt vac from tesco vai lesure batts n sine wave voltage regulator :thumb::thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Brush and dust pan + 12V car vac. We removed the fitted carpets and have vinyl throughout with a couple of mats that we can wash at the Launderette. We live full time in MH. We made this decision after floods from under shower tray soaked the original carpet. Had new floor laid when we had some delamination fixed. We can now wipe up spills easily and spot any plumbing faults quickly.

Lift mats and shake them outside. A quick brush out and wipe with a wet cloth gets everything back to sparkling.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Well ours is magic, I just take dog for a walk and when I get back it is all shiny and clean better ask Lynda how it happens

I would not dream of interfering with Steph's hobbies, she has a right to some pleasures to herself. :thumb:

Beat me to it,

I away help her, I lift my feet up for her to reach underneath.:roflmto:

Nick

That's why I qualified the post "NO NUTTERS":roflmto::Smile::roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We used to use a small vacuum cleaner and brush.. but got sick of having to be so careful in even the slightest bit of wet weather

Soooooo

All the clip down carpets came out and went in to the loft leaving the lino type stuff on the floor

Now at clear up time it is a quick whip round with the mop and the corners with a dustpan and brush ! ( and no worrying about mud any more cos it just wipes off )

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well - we don't like walking on lino/laminate with bare toes so decided immediately that the carpets were intended to be walked on, and that's what we do. When they wear out or get ruined, we'll have new ones. But we do take care with em same as we do with everything.

I find ruddy bread crumbs are by far the worst culprit on the floor and on the furniture, I can usually find enough handrolling baccy to make a fag - and I'm not the culprit.

We (ie interchangeable!!) do the floors inc carpets with dustpan and brush and also have a 12v vacuum cleaner. We also use one of those old-fashioned little 'table Ewbanks' (did they call them crumb catchers?) which is really useful and quick esp for upholstery and which we had in the caravan for a million years before the M/H. Proper floorcloth and nice hot soapy water when it needs it.

Very thorough clean with proper mains vac when we get home - but having said that - it's probably cleaner than the house anyway!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well - we don't like walking on lino/laminate with bare toes so decided immediately that the carpets were intended to be walked on, and that's what we do. When they wear out or get ruined, we'll have new ones. But we do take care with em same as we do with everything.

But without the carpets down you can wear what you want in the van without worry !
Woman usually wears flip flop things and I just wear my crocs as usual ( No surprise there then ! LOL ! )

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi

I use a dustpan and brush then laminate wipes but I think we are going to put the carpet in for the winter (not sure if it will make any difference to the warmth but this is why we are doing it if anyone can let us know their experience) so I will be using the little hand held vacuum. We always take our footwear off on the mat before we go in as well.

Jenny - I know exactly where you are coming from with the baccy lol I could probably make more than one, he seems to get more on the table and floor than in the rolling paper :ROFLMAO:

Michele

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
YOU'RE ON HOLIDAY!!

Keep the vinyl floor exposed and get a long handled dustpan brush to keep in cupboard. Quick sweep is all you need - sort the rest out when you get home!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We bought a 'carpet runner' for £5 at Carmarthen last spring,and we have a rubber backed mat in bathroom. I take both outside every few days,and whilst I beat them (with a leg from the Cadac) Carolyn gives the floor a sweep.!0 mins max and jobs a good 'un :ROFLMAO:
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back