Sky TV / dish / Benidorm Area (1 Viewer)

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
On top of my fifth wheel, I've mounted a standard domestic 60cm grey oval Sky dish which is OK for UK use.
When we go to France on holiday, I take with me a Maxview 66cm oval dish on a tripod for better reception when needed.

Question.
Will the larger dish be good/big enough for Sky reception in the Calpe/Benidorm area?

Ta:thumb:

billy&val

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
swansea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 years
We have just got back from Bennicasim which is
about 170 miles north of Bennidorm we have got
a 85 cm dish and could only get Sky News,BBC News 24
S4C and a couple of film channels we were told that
you need a 2 mtr dish if you go any further south
around the Bennidorm area hope this helps.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You will nead at least a 2 metre dish,but unless you are wild camping,which I doubt you would be in that area,why bother taking a dish at all.Most if not all campsites have hookup for UK tv.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
You will nead at least a 2 metre dish,but unless you are wild camping,which I doubt you would be in that area,why bother taking a dish at all.Most if not all campsites have hookup for UK tv.

Really?
paid I presume?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Some you will pay extra for,some its in with the price of the pitch.Either way it will be cheaper than buying and setting up a 2 metre dish,not forgeting transporting the thing around.People bumping into it,dogs cocking there leg up on it.Have tried it in the past and found big dishes on campsites are a pain in the proverbial.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
When we were in Salou last year we managed after a lot of fiddling to get a reasonable picture on our "Oyster"..

Went down to Camping Marjal (20 mile south of Alicante and could not get a picture on the Oyster (But other brits could) so got out our 90cm dish on a tripod but could not get anything,,,A guy we new (Dave) Didgey Dave which he had done the year before when we took our 5th wheel lent me an ordinary UK mesh dish and within minutes had about 10 - 14 sat programmes.

So dont let any body say you cannot or need a 12ft dish,, ask (Jackomet) John,. He was parked opposite didgey dave who seemed to supply a few on camping Marjal.. (At no cost) I am not sure what size the UK black mesh dish is but no more than 60cm,, I should think..

Addmitedly in certain inclement weather the picture did break up on some of the stations.

Hows things going with you mate ? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
old-mo;356357Hows things going with you mate ? :thumb:[/COLOR said:

Errrrr, if you mean me? It's going good mate, thanks for asking:thumb:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
You only need a 1.8/2,.4m dish for the Astra 2d FTA channels, like BBC1,2,3,4,itv1,2,3,4,c4,e4,m4,5 in that area.

Many other channels, especially many on the Astra 2 south beams, can be received on an 60-80 cm dish (like BBC News, Sky News, BBC Sports, BBC Radios)
In many areas, ITV1 and C4 and Five Fiver Five USA can be receieved on a small dish with a sky card.
Similarly, Sky1 can be received on a 60cm dish, but Sky2 and 3 may not be available 24/7 even on a 2.4m dish!

So in answer to the question, yes your dish will work in Benidorm.
But depending on the channels you want to watch will determine the dish size, especially if you want he Astra 2d FTA channels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back