Ducato Mudflaps (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Cleaning the mud and crap from habitation bulge behind front wheels is becoming a pain so again a plea, where can I get mud-flaps that actually do deflect mud etc.

Do I go to a Fiat dealer and pay a small fortune for the contoured ones they produce for x250 vans, strikes me they are a bit small and may work on a van but I'm sceptical they'll work well on a motorhome.

Any recommendations for after market manufacturers/ suppliers.

Again thanks in anticipation of you guys coming up with all the answers.

Stewart :thumb:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Or go to a flooring supplier and buy a short length of rubber flooring.

It comes in various thicknesses, patterns and colours.
We use it for flooring in our work vans and it will be better quality and far more durable than shop-bought mudflaps.

Like this:

Rubber flooring

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Update, purchased a pair of mudflaps their "Cannon range" at Halfords £12.95 complete with easy fit circular clamps, no drilling, a doddle to fit (all thats needed is a 10mm spanner I fitted them whilst on CC site next day)) and they really do the business. (Will post a picture if anyone wishes)

Well chuffed

Stewart

Upvote 0

landymagma7

Free Member
Apr 10, 2010
Funster No
Update, purchased a pair of mudflaps their "Cannon range" at Halfords £12.95 complete with easy fit circular clamps, no drilling, a doddle to fit (all thats needed is a 10mm spanner I fitted them whilst on CC site next day)) and they really do the business. (Will post a picture if anyone wishes)

Well chuffed

Stewart

I might mainly lurk, but I WISH. Please.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I might mainly lurk, but I WISH. Please.

Ok here you are, just been out for piccies, excuse them being dirty back from hols and no chance to clean MH yet.

The 3 nuts and washers you see in pic one have a much larger composite?(resin material) on the back which slides over and clamps to the wheel-arch lip, the bolt nut is held captive in a socket on these washers. There are a succession of blind holes in three's all along contoured edge of rubber mudflap easily punctured to give best position for the bolt. No trimming needs to be done.

I positioned flaps as low as possible to give maximum protection.

Stewart

Attachments

• mudflap01.jpg
    mudflap01.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 128
  • mudflap02.jpg
    mudflap02.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
mudflaps

Doooh now I feel such an idiot, paid £30 odd quid for Merc specified ones, very vague fitting instructions plus having to drill holes which I don`t want to do so they are still in the lovely Merc box.

I`m off to Halfords for a set of Canon ones.

Upvote 0

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Ok here you are, just been out for piccies, excuse them being dirty back from hols and no chance to clean MH yet.

The 3 nuts and washers you see in pic one have a much larger composite?(resin material) on the back which slides over and clamps to the wheel-arch lip, the bolt nut is held captive in a socket on these washers. There are a succession of blind holes in three's all along contoured edge of rubber mudflap easily punctured to give best position for the bolt. No trimming needs to be done.

I positioned flaps as low as possible to give maximum protection.

Stewart

Have you come up with anything for the rear wheels?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Have you come up with anything for the rear wheels?

No but I'm working on it! Once I rejoin my ship next week I'll cut some rubber insertion jointing 5 mm thick and shape them once home. I'm hoping to pick up some suitable clamps at Halfords or other outlet.

The Halfords I visited in Dumfries had these large mud-flaps:- Link Removed

They looked just the job but there were no clamp kits (not included and purchased separately) or I would have been tempted.

Stewart

Upvote 0
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
mudflaps

Hi stewart. I followed your advice re the cannon range from halfords but found them a bit short when fitted, so got a car mat cut an extra 20 mm and fastened it to the bottom of each with a couple of "J" clips and self tappers, works a treat top part nice and rigid bottom nice and flexible for any rough terrain. Downside is, it put the price for bothflaps fitted, up to a massive £14.99.
Many thanks and please let me know if the larger ones from halfords come up to spec.

Mitch

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back