The Spanish Job - message for those that are coming!! (1 Viewer)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well, so far we have 5 funster vans here at Pinar San Jose, Zahora! Us, Degsy, Nannyjan, Ant&Debs and Jackomet. :thumb:

How many more are coming?

Last week I spoke to Carmen (the receptionist) about who is coming and when and I promised her I would try and find out more definite numbers and dates.

Could I possibly ask those of you who are coming over to let me know the following info ( by PM if you prefer):-

Funster name and real names.
Number of people.
Length of van.

Approx date of arrival.
Approx date of departure.

Dates do not need to be definite and you do not need to pay up front for a specific length of stay. It's just really to give Carmen an indication of what is happening. Also, Carmen is on holiday over Christmas so the information will help me to help Patricio ( the owner) cope with the influx over that period.

Carmen will allocate pitches but you are quite at liberty to choose a different one if you so wish, subject to availability.
:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Due to an accident,, and cracking a couple of ribs and bruising lungs,, (Fell over onto my car trailer A frame) we were hoping to have caught the mid November ferry (Plymouth - Santandar)..

But because of this it looks more likely to be first or second week ferry in December,,

I am hoping it is not the 15th Dec,,, I dont cherish the thought of being incaserated with a certain member bending my earhole for 22 hrs.. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

30ft MH,,, 17ft Car Trailer + Car and a 16ft long Spare Axle.. + 3 Human Beings (Debatable) :winky:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Not sure of exact dates yet as Jean is having problems with tablets.

Funster name and real names. Keith (Keith & Jean Hepburn)
Number of people. 2
Length of van. 6.5m

Approx date of arrival. 10-15 December
Approx date of departure. 1 month later

If possible the pitch needs to be over 6m wide as we have a large awning to put along side the MH.
Open aspect to the SE so we can use our satellite system would be nice as we like to watch other channels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Due to an accident,, and cracking a couple of ribs and bruising lungs,, (Fell over onto my car trailer A frame)

Now that is pretty dumb for a man of your age.

Take more water with it.

I didn't get where I am today falling over A frames ( are they legal ? ) and cracking my ribs.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well, so far we have 5 funster vans here at Pinar San Jose, Zahora! Us, Degsy, Nannyjan, Ant&Debs and Jackomet. :thumb:

Last week I spoke to Carmen (the receptionist) about who is coming and when and I promised her I would try and find out more definite numbers and dates.

Could I possibly ask those of you who are coming over to let me know the following info ( by PM if you prefer):-

Number of people.
Length of van.

Approx date of arrival.

Dates do not need to be definite and you do not need to pay up front for a specific length of stay. It's just really to give Carmen an indication of what is happening. Also, Carmen is on holiday over Christmas so the information will help me to help Patricio ( the owner) cope with the influx over that period.

Carmen will allocate pitches but you are quite at liberty to choose a different one if you so wish, subject to availability.

I can picture you now, clipboard in hand. Hi-Viz jacket on and a Star Wars Storm Trooper Intercom in the other hand.

"NO, that's not straight. Left hand down. Back. I SAID BACK. No too far. Oh come out and start again. It'll be Christmas before you park it. Here let me do it"...........................

"Er. sorry, er I, er, where did that hole come from. Not to worry, Patricio has a nice tractor, just wait there."

"Yes I know you can't move because it's in a sodding great hole. I'll be back in a minute OK".

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Now that is pretty dumb for a man of your age.

Take more water with it.

I didn't get where I am today falling over A frames ( are they legal ? ) and cracking my ribs.

Not an "A" frame as in "Toad",, them`s illegal.. :winky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I call the pointed bit on any trailer the "A" frame,, this "A" was on me car trailer.. ::bigsmile:

And I was sober.. :cry:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hilldweller you just make me laugh with all your comments, thank you

Dale

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hilldweller you just make me laugh with all your comments, thank you

Dale

Dont entice him "Dale" Please.. :cry:

I am trying to get hold of a small magnet that I can stick under his Sat-Nav before he leaves for the Ferry.. :thumb:

Used to work on compasses.. :winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Due to an accident,, and cracking a couple of ribs and bruising lungs,, (Fell over onto my car trailer A frame) we were hoping to have caught the mid November ferry (Plymouth - Santandar)..

But because of this it looks more likely to be first or second week ferry in December,,

I am hoping it is not the 15th Dec,,, I dont cherish the thought of being incaserated with a certain member bending my earhole for 22 hrs.. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

30ft MH,,, 17ft Car Trailer + Car and a 16ft long Spare Axle.. + 3 Human Beings (Debatable) :winky:

Hiya Old Mo hope you get over your fall soon, it seems to hurt more as we get older

Larry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Larry,, Thanks.. :thumb: after nearly a week and a half propped up in a chair at night :cry: the last couple of nights have been spent in a proper bed... :RollEyes:

Overdosed on pain killers, but I am getting there. Wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy.. ::bigsmile:

Yep,, things seem to break easier as time goes by.. Take Care.. & watch where you put your feet..:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
after nearly a week and a half propped up in a chair at night :cry: the last couple of nights have been spent in a proper bed... :RollEyes:

Overdosed on pain killers, but I am getting there.

And don't even think about coughing.

BTDTGTTS

Fell in love with Ibuprofen when I did it.

Not nice, are you OK for driving to Spain ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
And don't even think about coughing.

BTDTGTTS

Fell in love with Ibuprofen when I did it.

Not nice, are you OK for driving to Spain ?

Sorry Brian,,, what is BTDTGTTS,, or am I going to regret asking..

Not allowed to take Ibuprofen Hosp said 4 - 6 weeks and I will be as right as tuppence.. you try and stop me. :winky:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Dale

I just wish we had an option where it says 'Thanks', 'Quote' etc just to put 'laugh'. There are so many times that's all I need.

Ivy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry Brian,,, what is BTDTGTTS,, or am I going to regret asking..

Been There Done That Got The Tee Shirt.

More than once too. Quite a shock first time, I never thought just breathing could be so painful.

First one was silly mistake on a bike, second ice, third I fell out of a plane. That'll keep the conversation going in Zahora.

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Zahora or no!

Its all down to what transpires at our m.o.t. tomorrow whether we take the plunge and book the ferry. O.H. is keen, dogs want to try out their passports, but I'm not reckless enough to take our ancient van abroad unless it's as sound as it can be. Exhaust definately needs attention as it sounds like a racing car at the mo! I'm blaming the speed bumps where we've just been house-sitting for shaking something loose but we shall see! If the old girl can be salvaged for another year I will book the ferry for Santander (would be Easter before we got there if we went via Calais!) but we are house (and teenager) sitting for another daughter in two weeks so it will be December before we can leave, probably the 12th and as our top speed is 50 downhill with the wind behind it'll be the 15th/16th before we land. On the plus side we don't take up much room, even with our diddy awning! Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Its all down to what transpires at our m.o.t. tomorrow whether we take the plunge and book the ferry. O.H. is keen, dogs want to try out their passports, but I'm not reckless enough to take our ancient van abroad unless it's as sound as it can be. Exhaust definately needs attention as it sounds like a racing car at the mo! I'm blaming the speed bumps where we've just been house-sitting for shaking something loose but we shall see! If the old girl can be salvaged for another year I will book the ferry for Santander (would be Easter before we got there if we went via Calais!) but we are house (and teenager) sitting for another daughter in two weeks so it will be December before we can leave, probably the 12th and as our top speed is 50 downhill with the wind behind it'll be the 15th/16th before we land. On the plus side we don't take up much room, even with our diddy awning! Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then!! :Smile:

Hope we see you in December then!
Keep in touch and let us know your progress!!!:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

I know a couple of retrobates that are on that sailing,,12th,, so will keep an eye out for you.. I dont do much more than 50,, to conserve fuel,, so wave as you pass us going downhill.. :winky: ::bigsmile:

I dont want to ruin Lady P`s vacation so wont say who it is.. :Eeek: :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I dont want to ruin Lady P`s vacation so wont say who it is.. :Eeek: :winky:

Oh she knows.

Such is her devotion to duty, Noblesse Oblige, you've got to hand it to the old aristocracy, the magnificent Dame Penelope has offered to act as Controlling Architect for my pitch. Don't let her hear this but you know these old aristocrats, I think they just enjoy bossing the peasants around and if they are Spanish peasants so much the better. All the more fun when you have an excuse to shout so that they understand.

So the plans so far are:

Full services with 100A supply and generator backup, pure sinewave of course. Large bore pipes so we don't get the annoying sound of water rushing through them.

The pitch to be laid with very slightly pink shaded flags, this will enhance the sun at sunrise and sunset. These are to be laid +/- 1mm from end to end. We can't stand it when we can see the port in the cut glass decanter is not level.

In one corner a mature palm tree. I'm not having caterpillar infested old pines on my pitch. At the base planters with brightly coloured plants. To be changed regularly.

In one front corner a subtle quiet water feature, one of those 2 metre silver balls with water flowing over it. This is lit at night by a computer controlled multicoloured LED lighting system, no two nights will be the same. Hidden within will be a 100 megawatt sound system so that we can welcome the New Year with Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory.

At the same side as the water feature, but more secluded to the rear will be the jacuzzi.

And to the side of the jacuzzi the exercise area and cycle track. In my opinion Spanish roads are far to dangerous to cycle on, for goodness sake, they have Spaniards on them.

The supermarket. We can't possibly eat awful Spanish food so a direct fast link to Fortnum and Masons is to be established. Sufficient space has been established at Jerez airport for this and the regular Champagne flights from Rheims.

The restaurant. A rotor of suitable English chefs has been organised, Ramsey, Blumenthal, Smith, Jones.

And most important, the weather has to be warm and dry throughout.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I did not realise that we had the choice as to how our plots are laid out.. I think it is very admirable of you Marie,,

I would like mine similar to Brians,, but I would like my Jacuzzi sunken save climbing steps to immerse my self and any ladies that wish to join me.. Water temperature to be approx 34 - 38 Deg.. Back ground music must be subtle to the ear,, I would suggest "Billy Fury"... "Marty Pellow".. to hipe it up a bit perhaps some "Shadows" but certainly not with Cliff Richards..

My plot/Site must be well away from Brians water feature, water feature = moscito`s/midgeys..

A desent size Bottle fridge, not to far from my seating area.

And last but not least,,, some strategicaly placed paving slabs in line for my Hydraulic Rams to level my rig..

And certainly no bloody keep fit machines,,, I am coming for a holiday. R&R and Booze.

Note the lack of smiley`s,,,, just in case you dont think I am being serious..

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Hi. :Smile: we are Ken and Sylvia Hearn, bambi 2 , the Hymer is 7 mtrs we would like to put up an awning, we hope to arrive on the 18th of December and depart on the 18th of January. we would like a pitch on an upper level if possible. looking forward to meeting you funsters. bambi 2

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Oh she knows.

Such is her devotion to duty, Noblesse Oblige, you've got to hand it to the old aristocracy, the magnificent Dame Penelope has offered to act as Controlling Architect for my pitch. Don't let her hear this but you know these old aristocrats, I think they just enjoy bossing the peasants around and if they are Spanish peasants so much the better. All the more fun when you have an excuse to shout so that they understand.

So the plans so far are:

Full services with 100A supply and generator backup, pure sinewave of course. Large bore pipes so we don't get the annoying sound of water rushing through them.

The pitch to be laid with very slightly pink shaded flags, this will enhance the sun at sunrise and sunset. These are to be laid +/- 1mm from end to end. We can't stand it when we can see the port in the cut glass decanter is not level.

In one corner a mature palm tree. I'm not having caterpillar infested old pines on my pitch. At the base planters with brightly coloured plants. To be changed regularly.

In one front corner a subtle quiet water feature, one of those 2 metre silver balls with water flowing over it. This is lit at night by a computer controlled multicoloured LED lighting system, no two nights will be the same. Hidden within will be a 100 megawatt sound system so that we can welcome the New Year with Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory.

At the same side as the water feature, but more secluded to the rear will be the jacuzzi.

And to the side of the jacuzzi the exercise area and cycle track. In my opinion Spanish roads are far to dangerous to cycle on, for goodness sake, they have Spaniards on them.

The supermarket. We can't possibly eat awful Spanish food so a direct fast link to Fortnum and Masons is to be established. Sufficient space has been established at Jerez airport for this and the regular Champagne flights from Rheims.

The restaurant. A rotor of suitable English chefs has been organised, Ramsey, Blumenthal, Smith, Jones.

And most important, the weather has to be warm and dry throughout.

I did not realise that we had the choice as to how our plots are laid out.. I think it is very admirable of you Marie,,

I would like mine similar to Brians,, but I would like my Jacuzzi sunken save climbing steps to immerse my self and any ladies that wish to join me.. Water temperature to be approx 34 - 38 Deg.. Back ground music must be subtle to the ear,, I would suggest "Billy Fury"... "Marty Pellow".. to hipe it up a bit perhaps some "Shadows" but certainly not with Cliff Richards..

My plot/Site must be well away from Brians water feature, water feature = moscito`s/midgeys..

A desent size Bottle fridge, not to far from my seating area.

And last but not least,,, some strategicaly placed paving slabs in line for my Hydraulic Rams to level my rig..

And certainly no bloody keep fit machines,,, I am coming for a holiday. R&R and Booze.

Note the lack of smiley`s,,,, just in case you dont think I am being serious..

Have you two got spies on this site that are feeding back information?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Water features are a regular occurrence in the winter! You'll need to bring your own paddling pools! We've had a water feature today!:ROFLMAO:

Brian - what a genius! My school motto was "Noblesse Oblige"!! How did you know that??:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Marie out of curiosity how many funsters are coming to join you, Ed and I are seriously planning next year sounds as if you will all have a great time, hope the preparations for Sir Hilldweller and Old Mo are coming on as they would expect :winky: Carol.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Marie out of curiosity how many funsters are coming to join you, Ed and I are seriously planning next year sounds as if you will all have a great time, hope the preparations for Sir Hilldweller and Old Mo are coming on as they would expect :winky: Carol.

Carol I haven't a clue!!!:Eeek:
I know there are 5 vans here already ( 2 of us being regulars here of course!:Smile:) Another 6 have replied to this post :thumb:and another 10 have said they're interested in coming but I still need details from them. This of course is spread over 5 months so everybody won't be here together!:Eeek: Some are due to arrive long after others have left - we of course will be here all the time!!:Smile:

It would be great if you could make it next year!:thumb:

I think Sir Hilldweller had better be pitched a long way away from me!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Information please!!

Number of people.
Length of van.

Approx date of arrival.

Carmen will allocate pitches but you are quite at liberty to choose a different one if you so wish, subject to availability.:Smile:

Hi
Not used to this website so not sure if this is the right place to post this message.
What is the situation if I wanted to come to Pinar San Jose?
What is the temp there at present and what is it like furthe into the winter?
I look forward to your reply.
Gaudie

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi
Not used to this website so not sure if this is the right place to post this message.
What is the situation if I wanted to come to Pinar San Jose?
What is the temp there at present and what is it like furthe into the winter?
I look forward to your reply.
Gaudie

Hi Gaudie and thanks for your interest in this!

Just let me know when you are coming and your real name so I can reserve you a pitch.
Although if you don't it doesn't really matter as the site is never full in the winter.
It is now an ACSI site so is getting more popular with the Dutch and Germans.

The temp today has only been 18° and it has rained on and off all day. Last week it was up in the early 20's every day and sunny. We expect it to pick up again by late tomorrow.

At the moment it is 15° but it is 6.45pm and still drizzly - so not too bad really!
Dec and Jan are usually the worst months but don't get really cold. They are the wettest months. Last year was particularly bad so I wouldn't like to use it as an example!:Eeek:

Would be lovely if you decided to join us - as has been said before in other threads - this is an informal get together so nothing organised about it - just a group of funsters on the same site - don't believe Hilldweller's hype!!:ROFLMAO: I'm going to get him certified when he arrives!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi Gordon

It will be warmer than last weekend!!

Dale

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

Excuse me Miss Carol... :whatthe:

I am not or nothing like Sir Hildweller,, :Angry:

I set my standards a lot higher than he does.. :RollEyes:

I am more likely to be called "Lord".. :thumb:

I have quite often heard people say,,, Oh Lord here comes Old-Mo.. :winky: ::bigsmile:

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
:thumb:
Hi Marie,

I must thank you for recommending Pinar San Jose had a wonderfull 5day stay and will surely return. We wish you and all the Funsters there a very happy and enjoyable vacation.

Bob n Lin

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Santander crossing with dogs

Hi, Has anyone taken dogs across on this crossing? Website says dogs have to wear muzzles between vehicle and kennels (and presumably when being exercised) so does anyone know what type? Our two are going to take a dim view of it and may need to get used to the idea!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back