Travel insurance (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi :Smile:

Can you recommend a good travel insurance deal for a trip to Europe in the motorhome?

Must be on-line and cover several months although exact duration unknown. ::bigsmile:

Thanks
Bryan

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Never used it, I suggest you put the money in the bank. In a few years you will have a nice nest egg that will cover anything the insurance companies would give you if you were to claim, lying cheating robbing b*****S that they are.

Doug...

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Does this company do breakdown etc... we have personal cover just need cover for our m/h

thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Our breakdown cover came with our insurance but is with the RAC premier plus. It's not cheap, we pay about ÂŁ120 for the breakdown cover, but our van is very old and it covers us abroad.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We are insured with the NFU and have personal travel insurance with them on a 365 basis which includes 90 days europe cover but they are happy to extend this for nominal cost if advised - this is an bolt on to our other policies again for nominal cost for the cover

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
We have travel insurance via our bank, but this only covers 30 days away. You can pay a fortune to extend it to 60 days but that is their limit.
We use insureme4.co.uk as recomended by Martin Lewis's website for travel insurance for the over 50s. Annual Multi-trip comprehensive for Europe. Includes 17 days winter sports cover. Underwritten by Mondial. For a small extra premium you can cover for trips up to 100 days away.
Got a quote over the web, but didn't follow it up straight away. Few days later they emailed me querying why I hadn't taken it out and offered me another 5% off the total.

Pete.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2011
west sussex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
10 year
Insurance

Hi :Smile:

Can you recommend a good travel insurance deal for a trip to Europe in the motorhome?

Must be on-line and cover several months although exact duration unknown. ::bigsmile:

Thanks
Bryan

Hi Bryan,
You could try Direct travel insurance (not Direct Line) www.direct-travel.co.uk
:thumb: we got a very good deal with them for a 93 day trip.
Good luck, Jenny.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back