Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
hi using the channel tunnel next year was wondering if anybody has used the stop 24 services junction11 on m20 for overnighting was recommended by eurotunnel I wont be arriving to maybe 11/12pm and will be leaving by 7am so seems convenient , parking costs £5

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It's mainly commercials I believe? if that's the place you can see from the M20.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi We have parked at Stop 24 overnight with motorhome. Payment is made via phone and debit/credit card. Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi ...

Hi, stopped there a few weeks ago but it was impossible to get through to the call center.

The guys at the Petrol Station said they now are sending out £50 fines to anyone caught on the video link. Nice welcome home letter.

We find its better to stop over on the Calais side.

Have a good trip,

Richard

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Have a look HERE and see an up to date info regarding this stop over. It's part way down the page.

We have stopped but never over nighted.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
If it's a close CL you want, Ninn Lodge Farm at Great Chart near Ashford, is only 15 mins. from Cheriton terminal.

Stayed there many times. :thumb:

EDIT: Got the name wrong, it is Ninn Lodge farm

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
over night

i stayed at the services just outside Dover cant remember what its called or if it is one of the ones mentioned above, I didnt pay anything, arrived about 12pm and there was about 7 vans there.
all seemed fine until 1.30am when the loacal youth drive around pressing their horns and causing havoc i wont be doing that again.
the CL mentioned above sound like a good idea.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A20 Sainsbury's car park

Just off the M20 at Ashford is a Sainsbury's petrol station 24 hour.. we fill up there and the car park is nearly always empty... in fact a few vans are in part of it changing loads from one delivery to another.. have used that OK and it is free. Just off the motorway up to the next roundabout on duel carrageway first exit and down 1/4 mile turn left in.. petrol station to the right and massive car park. But we tend to only stop to kill time and fuel then on tot he tunnel and drive out and head down towards Rouen and stop off on the way.

Bob:Blush:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
This maybe on the wrong forum and already posted long ago but I was told that the Chairman/CEO of Tesco's is a motorhomer and has let it be known that we are allowed to overnight on their carparks.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that would be good?

This maybe on the wrong forum and already posted long ago but I was told that the Chairman/CEO of Tesco's is a motorhomer and has let it be known that we are allowed to overnight on their carparks.

That would be good, where did you hear that?

By the way there is a Tesco's just off the M20 just before the exit tot he tunnel... it is a pig for petrol but has again a large car park..within 300 yards of the motorway left at the roundabout over the motorway and then get over to right hand lane and the next part of the interchange and you can see the store.. but as I say real pig for petrol.

Bob:RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp

By the way there is a Tesco's just off the M20 just before the exit tot he tunnel... it is a pig for petrol but has again a large car park..within 300 yards of the motorway left at the roundabout over the motorway and then get over to right hand lane and the next part of the interchange and you can see the store.. but as I say real pig for petrol.

Bob:RollEyes:

That one is Tesco's at Cheriton, & yes it is awkward for fuel especially with a large MH.

There is also a Tesco's at J10 (Ashford) right on the junction, used it many times to fill up.

I would also like to hear where Rolfarris saw this?

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I've over-nighted there on several occasions, both in the 'trucks only' place and in the motorhome bays. I've never spotted any signs about charging and, so far, I haven't received any demands for payment, maybe I'm lucky :winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes thank you it is Cheriton

That one is Tesco's at Cheriton, & yes it is awkward for fuel especially with a large MH.

There is also a Tesco's at J10 (Ashford) right on the junction, used it many times to fill up.

I would also like to hear where Rolfarris saw this?

Thanks for the name of the Tesco site.. Had a real problem with the fuel on this site as the roof is also very low.. but the car park is fine.

Bob:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

There is an entry about Tesco's parking on Graham's site http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/stores.htm

I realise it sounds a bit remote but a couple from Perth driving a Chausson who were on the Delamere Forest CCC site with us a week ago said they had a relation on the executive side of Tesco's and said what I now see is confirmed on Graham's site. Would be nice to have an update.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

What about ShiftZZ though? :winky:

JJ

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
plenty of parking and facilities at the tunnel itself, why not park there, they will even offer you an earlier transit.

OP
OP
dewaltman

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
thanks wildman they told me i wouldnt be allowed to overnight as they had no room for parking ,not crossing that night because unsure what time i will arrive at tunnel due to wifes work and would prefer to find somewhere in the uk to sleep rather than france at that time of night so if you know where at the tunnel people park up i would be grateful

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
thanks wildman they told me i wouldnt be allowed to overnight as they had no room for parking ,not crossing that night because unsure what time i will arrive at tunnel due to wifes work and would prefer to find somewhere in the uk to sleep rather than france at that time of night so if you know where at the tunnel people park up i would be grateful

An alternative is to cross then go to Cite Europe where there is a MH parking area that we have used to stay over night. Last winter the weather was bad & we stayed there for 2 days.
LINK TO PARKING ON GOOGLE MAPS
As you leave the terminal you need to bear right just after you go under a bridge, up to a roundabout & turn left, sign to Coquelles (remembering to go round anticlockwise). At next RaBt tunr left, the MH parking is clearly signed as you go past Cite Europe.

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Stayed here in September
The Black Horse Pub & Restaurant
Fiddling Lane
Monks Horton
Ashford
TN25 6AP
Tel: 01303 812182

4 miles from Tunnel Terminal £10 a night but free if you buy a meal.Only drawback road verry narrow to and from Motorway .

Sid

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
hi using the channel tunnel next year was wondering if anybody has used the stop 24 services junction11 on m20 for overnighting was recommended by eurotunnel I wont be arriving to maybe 11/12pm and will be leaving by 7am so seems convenient , parking costs £5

Whether we are sailing from Dover, or going on the Tunnel, we always use the Carpark in the centre of Dover. It is free from 6pm - 8am; is adjacent to the Police Station; a little park (for walking the dogs) and several chinese, chippies, pubs who do excellent food etc.

We have never had any problems as it is very well lit. We usually stay there the night before we sail and the night we land, so it suits us very well indeed.

Ginny and Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back