Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Don't you just love it, retirement that is, we are off tomorrow and we do not really know where to.

This time of the year always used to drag when we had to work, but now we are all loaded up and ready.

We will head to South Gloucester and intend doing Devon and Cornwall but if we do not like the weather , who knows we may finish up in Sulfolk.

When are we coming back well sometime before Christmas.

Will you poor workers carry on the good work of paying our pensions for us please, we are ever so grateful.

Alan and Lynda

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Have a good time you 2.:Smile:
We are house bound at the moment with a new kitchen in the offing, so no trips at the moment :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't you just love it, retirement that is, we are off tomorrow and we do not really know where to.

This time of the year always used to drag when we had to work, but now we are all loaded up and ready.

We will head to South Gloucester and intend doing Devon and Cornwall but if we do not like the weather , who knows we may finish up in Sulfolk.

Will you poor workers carry on the good work of paying our pensions for us please, we are ever so grateful.

Alan and Lynda

Hi Alan and Lynda... I have looked and looked and I can't see "Portugal" or "Eastlands" on that list of possible destinations...:winky:

JJ

PS... if you never really had a proper job can one really retire?

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Alan and Lynda

thats it you go off galevanting
leaving us to shft the debt mountain
the yanks and banks sold us
tell me what its like
cant wait till april
when its my turn:Eeek::thumb::Smile:

oh and by the way bloomin enjoy yerself you earned it

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Alan,

Ain't retirement great :thumb:

Are you in the MCC? if so why not join the Severn valley group rally this weekend at Cheltenham Race course. Several funsters will be there.

Wherever you go have a great time.

Lunarman

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Alan

You and Linda have a great time, I am bloody Jealous, I won't think of you when I am at work. (much) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck and all the best Rick and Rosie

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi Alan and Lynda... I have looked and looked and I can't see "Portugal" or "Eastlands" on that list of possible destinations...:winky:

JJ

PS... if you never really had a proper job can one really retire?

Portugal next year JJ- and do not worry they shoot the oldies that never had a proper job.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Wish we could get away but we're actually working - FH Fair at Chester - this weekend and are then on standby to help my Mum move into a flat.

Have a great time wherever you get to.

Graham

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Us wage slaves will be thinking of you.
If you believe that you can plait sawdust!

Enjoy it.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Alan
Where evre you go i hope you enjoy it and dont you think about me work my B***s of to make this country great again and pay you old coggers pension:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Gerry

P.S
You know im only joking have a great time

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Alan and Lynda,

We will try to join you after march next year :Cool:

If not in person.... at least in retirement :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Will you poor workers carry on the good work of paying our pensions for us please, we are ever so grateful.Alan and Lynda

Touring the UK at this time of the year can be a lonely business; you are likely to be the only motor home in Devon or Cornwall.:whatthe:

Best to park the van up and get yourself on a world cruise. Leave Southampton December Cape Town on the way out Australia for Christmas
[FONT=&quot]then return via Panama then back to UK for start of the season fit and rearing to go and it won’t cost you a king’s ransom. Then next year Portugal sounds good for the winter. If you don’t do it now you never will.:thumb::thumb: [/FONT]

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I hear exactly what you are saying but-- Lynda on a cruise liner--no chance

I have to drug her to get from Dover to Calais.:cry:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Touring the UK at this time of the year can be a lonely business; you are likely to be the only motor home in Devon or Cornwall.:whatthe:

And that's a bad thing? :Smile:

Being serious....I know what you mean. But there are advantages....like knowing the location (wild or site) is going to be so quiet you can leave early and arrive late without worrying about disturbing others....and having places like Kynance Cove all to yourself (or at least 10 minutes in my case). Less eating places, etc. are open...but more chance of getting in and they're all the happier to see you.

Traffic is also really low - I drove back from Helston to almost the end of the Lizard in the evening recently and never saw another vehicle. And with some of the so called 'A' roads down there, not meeting traffic coming the other way is a good thing!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
And that's a bad thing? :Smile:
Being serious....I know what you mean. But there are advantages....like knowing the location (wild or site) is going to be so quiet you can leave early and arrive late without worrying about disturbing others....and having places like Kynance Cove all to yourself (or at least 10 minutes in my case). Less eating places, etc. are open...but more chance of getting in and they're all the happier to see you.
Traffic is also really low - I drove back from Helston to almost the end of the Lizard in the evening recently and never saw another vehicle. And with some of the so called 'A' roads down there, not meeting traffic coming the other way is a good thing!
I totally agree Neil and I have enjoyed Cornwall out of season many times but the thought of an extended tour would not be for me. I am a people person and like hustle and bustle the thought of empty camp sites doesn’t appeal.

My suggestion was more to do with, if you don’t do the big things when you first retire then they will never get done. Do it while you still have the ability to enjoy and appreciate life. Cruising the southern oceans is an amazing experience :Cool:that you will talk about on sites for years to come. The whales surfacing the albatrosses the flying fish the dolphins following the ship for days on end are an unbelievable experience to witness.
I’m not knocking the UK I love every part of it. The Norfolk and Suffolk coasts out of season are something else but sometimes it is nice to spoil yourself.:thumb:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I hear exactly what you are saying but-- Lynda on a cruise liner--no chance I have to drug her to get from Dover to Calais.:cry:
Cruise liners are so well stableised now days that you could play snooker on them. Lynda would love it.:helptitanic::roflmto:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Cruise liners are so well stableised now days that you could play snooker on them. Lynda would love it.

Yes. It wasn't that many years ago that Mum wouldn't go near a cruise ship, particularly after a choppy experience going over to St. Malo one year on a ferry. Dad finally persuaded her (along with other circumstances) to try a Med. cruise and now they're off a couple of times a year...had a great time going around the coast of Russia/Estonia/Norway lately.

Never had a serious problem with waves.

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
What you have all forgotten is that we are a pair of boring old farts that thrive on piece and quiet.

Boring Alan and Lynda

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Trapped on a cruise ship or goofing about in the motorhome, let me think, I'd be in the van anytime:thumb:

Have fun, I was going to be rude but rubbing the retirment bit in, but my time will come, it's just sooooo many years away still:cry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
What you have all forgotten is that we are a pair of boring old farts that thrive on piece and quiet.Boring Alan and Lynda

I don't believe that for a minute.:winky: I’m sure you will have a great time wherever you decide to go. Enjoy your first tour of many.:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Best way to do it - just go with the flow!! It is the freedom you spent every day of your working life imagining....go and have fun!:thumb:

The best time I ever had, was going for a drive - nothing planned at all. Ended up all over europe!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back