rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Had a call this morning from an Indian call centre. They said ' We are calling regarding a problem with your computer'

I told them sternly that there was nothing wrong with it, and it was fine. The line went dead...

Just so no-one gets sucked in - not sure if they were trying to get access or sell you something to get your card details - I think they aborted it as I wasn't concerned.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
You are right this scam has been going on for quite a while, I put in on a couple of months ago since then I have had a couple more calls off them, on the last time I kept them on the telephone for nearly 30 mins talking daft to them, before telling them exactly what I thought, they have not phoned back since.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
I am still awaiting one of these calls. As someone who works in IT I want to see how long I can string them along for :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
My Mum had a call this Morning...

I would so love to get my hands on these scamsters...:Angry:

They make my job so much more difficult...but as long as it heightens awareness....

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The one driving us potty at the mo, is an Indian who reckons he's called Ronald Johnson from the World Lotto Corporation. He cooked his goose well and truly when he rang me last Friday - by calling me 'Dear' within the first 10 secs!

:ROFLMAO:

How VERY dare he?

Skypilot

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
A Class.
Exp
Newcomer.
Scammers.

We've had several recently from an Indian guy called Joseph Something or Other who almost had my Partner convinced that our Sky Maintenance package had expired and he needed her card details to renew it. I checked while She kept him talking and it only expires in May next year. I took the phone and told him that it hadn't expired, which he couldn't understand. I then asked him to pass me on to someone who could speak English, so that I could explain properly, upon which he apologised and hung up. 3 days later He rang again , I answered and said "Hello Joseph, what are You scamming for this time, and why are You blocking return calls to your number? and I have been in touch with Sky ad they are going to find You" He just carried on with his "spiel" so I just hung up, and we havn't heard from him since.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
They called me and because Im a sad old lonley fart I always chat to them.
When they are convinced you are hooked they want you to tap a specific code into the computer under run and then tell them what is on the screen.

The screen crashed I told them..I was most appolagetic.

Then I told them I would restart the computer..did they want to wait or ring back..they wanted to wait so (as I was telling porkys) I went and made a cuppa and watched a bit of telly..when I came back they were still there.
They repeated the code..(im not gonna tell you what it is but basically it reveals a code that is specific to your computer and allows them to control your computer remotely and watch you tap your bank card details into the computer by a thing called a keylogger and other such wonderful thingys.)

So again..and I pretended to be most grateful to them for helping me and begged them not to leave as I would worry....so this time after I pretended to tap in the code I was asked.."What does it now say on your screen" I replied.."It says " Am I wasting enough of your time" the indian guy said "What?" I repeated it and assured him that those were the words written on the screen" He asked me to start again, which I did, with a now very worried tone in my voice and interjecting now and then comments like "Will my computer be ok...how did those words get into my computer etc"

When finally I had pretended to do all he asked he again asked me"What does it say on your screen"

I said " It Now says....I am really pleased I am wasting your time as you arnt disturbing anyone else whilst Im keeping you on the line"

He said....Say again exactly what it says" I repeated it with a very panic struck voice at how concerned I now was about my computer" He said...and I quote "I dont understand it there should be some numbers...there was a pause..then he said laughingly...ahhh good one.

I replied..I thought so too....He never has rung back???

Thats what unlimited free call packages produce..scamsters aplenty.

A simpler version I often use when they ask me if I am MR *** (they just make a name up to engage you in conversation) I reply..No its not Mr *** this is a local Police Station in X (fill in your own X) They dont reply to that one either.

SO in the end Im still a lonley old fart waiting for my next call...but they are far and few between now...sigh....weeps tears of rejection.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I too talk daft to these people and get lots of fun out of it but my dear MIL did give her details over the phone. I took her to the bank Monday am, much to her annoyance as she really thought it was a genuine call about her tv rental renewal, of course it wasnt. The scammer had nearly took £250 out of her account but Barclays were onto them and thankfully the fraud team did their bit and pleased to say they got nowt. How many others did they call that day? Not a bad mornings work if they took £250 from all folk they called.

Harry I like your style and if its not copy righted please may I use it next time they call me :ROFLMAO:

Dale

www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk - Norfolk Meet this weekend 5th-7th if you would like to join us

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
They called me and because Im a sad old lonley fart I always chat to them.
When they are convinced you are hooked they want you to tap a specific code into the computer under run and then tell them what is on the screen.

The screen crashed I told them..I was most appolagetic.

Then I told them I would restart the computer..did they want to wait or ring back..they wanted to wait so (as I was telling porkys) I went and made a cuppa and watched a bit of telly..when I came back they were still there.
They repeated the code..(im not gonna tell you what it is but basically it reveals a code that is specific to your computer and allows them to control your computer remotely and watch you tap your bank card details into the computer by a thing called a keylogger and other such wonderful thingys.)

So again..and I pretended to be most grateful to them for helping me and begged them not to leave as I would worry....so this time after I pretended to tap in the code I was asked.."What does it now say on your screen" I replied.."It says " Am I wasting enough of your time" the indian guy said "What?" I repeated it and assured him that those were the words written on the screen" He asked me to start again, which I did, with a now very worried tone in my voice and interjecting now and then comments like "Will my computer be ok...how did those words get into my computer etc"

When finally I had pretended to do all he asked he again asked me"What does it say on your screen"

I said " It Now says....I am really pleased I am wasting your time as you arnt disturbing anyone else whilst Im keeping you on the line"

He said....Say again exactly what it says" I repeated it with a very panic struck voice at how concerned I now was about my computer" He said...and I quote "I dont understand it there should be some numbers...there was a pause..then he said laughingly...ahhh good one.

I replied..I thought so too....He never has rung back???

Thats what unlimited free call packages produce..scamsters aplenty.

A simpler version I often use when they ask me if I am MR *** (they just make a name up to engage you in conversation) I reply..No its not Mr *** this is a local Police Station in X (fill in your own X) They dont reply to that one either.

SO in the end Im still a lonley old fart waiting for my next call...but they are far and few between now...sigh....weeps tears of rejection.

Harry, PM me with your number and I'll pretend to be a scammer and you can bluff me along for an hour or so.

Passes the time dunni :ROFLMAO:
Jim
:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back