Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
I have a fairly new 2010 Fiat Ducato 2.3 ( Bessacar E560) When the engine is idling , for example stopping at traffic lights we occasionally hear a soft hissing and popping sound from the engine which is audable from the top of the dash on the nearside. Has anyone else experienced this and should I be worried?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a fairly new 2010 Fiat Ducato 2.3 ( Bessacar E560) When the engine is idling , for example stopping at traffic lights we occasionally hear a soft hissing and popping sound from the engine which is audable from the top of the dash on the nearside. Has anyone else experienced this and should I be worried?
Check that you didn't leave the chip pan on the heat.:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is almost certainly the rebreather circuit, but I would suggest you get it checked out JUST in case it is a leak on the brake servo ( for instance )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
steering fluid leak

Of course it is hard to describe an engine sound so the sound we heard might not be the same. But, we had a steering fluid leak that made a similar noise. If you put newspaper under the engine when you park up you might spot drops that give a clue to where the leak is.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Check the fuel filter is tight, and the fuel rail is ok. Earlier models had a recall on the fuel rail - but should be OK in these. The fuel filter is located nearside at the top of the bay - so may be where the sound is coming from.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back