Safe on the Motorhome roof ? ? (1 Viewer)

stormdog

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
Im just wondering as i look down onto my MH roof is it safe to walk along it ? Theres some greeness developed from standing water i presume so i guess i got to get up and remove it asap. I have a roof rack where my topbox and spare wheel are on so i can get onto part of it but just am i safe to inch along towards the luton. Fyi i have an Autohomes Wanderer .

cheers :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
avoid getting too close to any roof openings...vents etc....and of course the luton, and you should be ok.

i wandered around the kontiki roof from time to time and i weigh the best part of 110kg.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Im just wondering as i look down onto my MH roof is it safe to walk along it ? Theres some greeness developed from standing water i presume so i guess i got to get up and remove it asap. I have a roof rack where my topbox and spare wheel are on so i can get onto part of it but just am i safe to inch along towards the luton. Fyi i have an Autohomes Wanderer .

cheers :thumb:

Just a thought but why do you need to get on the roof to clean it, I use a sponge mop with a long handle reaches the whole roof no worries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
One of the members on here I remember reading about liked the roof so much he stayed up there for ages till his wife came home:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Be very careful up there-we had a dome fitted (I'm not saying it was their fault) but after all the moving around up theer we had a skylight leak-it soaked the cushions inside twice before we realised!!!:Eeek:
We had to remove the whole thing clean it all up then refit with new sealant, it's ok now:thumb:

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Be very careful up there-we had a dome fitted (I'm not saying it was their fault) but after all the moving around up theer we had a skylight leak-it soaked the cushions inside twice before we realised!!!:Eeek:
We had to remove the whole thing clean it all up then refit with new sealant, it's ok now:thumb:

Does pay to re-seal these on a regular basis, so if you have had your van a few years, pop up and have a look. See if there is cracking etc and replace with new sealer - nice easy job and saves wet corners later!:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back