ACSI card (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2009
Clitheroe, UK
Funster No
MH
Poptop
Exp
I've read somewhere that ACSI cards are especially useful in Italy and since I'm expcting to be there over the Christmas / New Year period, I thought I'd get one.

Unfortunately the 2010 cards are all sold and they don't sell the 2011 card until the end of December when I will be long gone. Can it really be this hard to join their scheme? Has anybody got an answer to this conundrum? Perhaps someone has a 2010 card they haven't used that they could sell me?

Does anyone know if will be possible to obtain a 2011 card in Italy?

Thanks peeps.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, It may be difficult to get a 2010 one that has not been signed by the owner, as they should be signed on the back when you present it to the campsite, but fleabay may be able to help.

I think that the card lasts till the end of January the following year, but double check this.

Good luck in your hunt, S

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
OP
OP
M
May 5, 2009
Clitheroe, UK
Funster No
MH
Poptop
Exp
Well if the cards don't expire until the end of Jan, that would work out well for me (if I can find one for sale). Can anyone confirm what Sue said?

I plan on departing on about the 10th December so there doesn't seem to be much chance of getting a 2011 card before then, even if Bob's right about the slightly earlier availability date.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mark

The ACSI card is valid for a calendar year 1st January to 31st December. The following is from the ACSI website.

Brisey

Conditions for use

The CampingCard ACSI is valid for one calendar year and is non-transferable, so please fill in the relevant details on the back of the card and sign it. The campsite may ask you for identification to prevent incorrect use of the card. You can use your CampingCard in the low season – this is usually every month of the year except July and August.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
As said they run from 1st' January each year.

The C&CC have joined with ACSI for the first time this year, so you may be able to order one from them.

I know the Spanish site do stock a small number in English, so I would expect the Italian sites would do the same, if you know which will be your first site, sent them an e-mail to find out and order, if all else fails.

Have a good trip.

Nomadic

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Mark,
I have an un filled in book / card / dvd.
Got them to go away in May / June, but falling through me garage roof banjaxed that idea.
They are valid to 31 December.
Too busy to use it now.
PM me your phone No. / adress, you can have them for the cost of postage.
Cheers

OP
OP
M
May 5, 2009
Clitheroe, UK
Funster No
MH
Poptop
Exp
Thanks everyone for the useful comments and info. The problem with the 2011 card is not odering it, it's taking delivery when you are not at home and don't know where you will be. I can't be the first to have come up against this problem.

Anyway, at least John has come up trumps with his kind offer of a 2010 card. (PM sent John).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
May 5, 2009
Clitheroe, UK
Funster No
MH
Poptop
Exp
Some info for anyone planning to buy a 2011 card:

I've just registered on the ACSI website http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/ (not Vicarious Books) with the intention of using their online guide and downloading GPS coordinates of all the sites and I noticed that the 2011 card is already for sale. I've ordered and paid for one and there was no mention of any delay in delivery although of course it mentions that it will not be valid until Jan 1st. So now I am hopeful that it will arrive before I set off. All sorted.

For anyone interested in the GPS download, for the Garmin data, they don't allow you to download a csv file as you would expect but instead they use some kind of rather scary server side script that uploads the POI's direct to your GPS device. I was a bit wary because I have many other POI's on there which I did not want overwritten! All is well however, the ACSI POI's were appended OK. I can only suppose they are trying to dissuade us all from sharing the data. Tiresome really because I can't take a safe copy with me like I do with all my other stuff.

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Some info for anyone planning to buy a 2011 card:

I've just registered on the ACSI website http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/ (not Vicarious Books) with the intention of using their online guide and downloading GPS coordinates of all the sites and I noticed that the 2011 card is already for sale. I've ordered and paid for one and there was no mention of any delay in delivery although of course it mentions that it will not be valid until Jan 1st. So now I am hopeful that it will arrive before I set off. All sorted.

Hi Mark,

Don't bank on getting the guide before mid December, in the ACSI FAQ's it states.

"DELIVERING YOUR ORDER
When can the new CampingCard ACSI be delivered?
CampingCard ACSI is available every year from mid-December. The guide is valid for the calendar year indicated on the guide."

See http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/faq/#ordering

Regards

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back