How I Buy My Euro Tunnel Tickets... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A Funster sent me a PM asking how I get my tunnel tickets... I thought I would answer it here just in case some one else was interested...

Before I start I must say that Bath does not yet have a Tescos so I can't get vouchers or what ever they are...

I just buy my tickets online... I log in to the site www.eurotunnel.com and look at the prices around the day(s) I wish to travel. There are usually some lower priced crossings often, but not always , late at night/early morning. I choose one of these and buy it by card. They don't send an actual ticket but the do confirm your booking by email.

I then arrive at the terminal some considerable time earlier than my booked time. You just put the card you used to buy the "ticket" with in the machine and it will ask you if you want to go earlier. Sometimes there is a surcharge for this but more often than not they let you go early for no eaxtra charge. If they want more money I refuse and go at my booked time. I spend the time I have on my hands in the Burger King... :thumb:

Still more expensive than a ferry but so very much better for a severe sufferer of sea sickness like me...:winky:

JJ

PS. When they ask you "does your vehicle have a gas tank?" (or something like that...) tick the box "NO". They are only interested in vehicles with engines that run on LPG not us Happy Campers and our cooking/hot water/heater/fridge gas. They will check your gas bottles are turned off at the terminal.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
A Funster sent me a PM asking how I get my tunnel tickets... I thought I would answer it here just in case some one else was interested...

Before I start I must say that Bath does not yet have a Tescos so I can't get vouchers or what ever they are...

I just buy my tickets online... I log in to the site www.eurotunnel.com and look at the prices around the day(s) I wish to travel. There are usually some lower priced crossings often, but not always , late at night/early morning. I choose one of these and buy it by card. They don't send an actual ticket but the do confirm your booking by email.

I then arrive at the terminal some considerable time earlier than my booked time. You just put the card you used to buy the "ticket" with in the machine and it will ask you if you want to go earlier. Sometimes there is a surcharge for this but more often than not they let you go early for no eaxtra charge. If they want more money I refuse and go at my booked time. I spend the time I have on my hands in the Burger King... :thumb:

Still more expensive than a ferry but so very much better for a severe sufferer of sea sickness like me...:winky:

JJ

PS. When they ask you "does your vehicle have a gas tank?" (or something like that...) tick the box "NO". They are only interested in vehicles with engines that run on LPG not us Happy Campers and our cooking/hot water/heater/fridge gas. They will check your gas bottles are turned off at the terminal.

100% correcto JJ as we do the same.....for the same reasons...every time...top man..:thumb:..except the "BURGER KING" not for me

Mel

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
And if you are a `frequent traveller` you can buy a block of 10 tickets for a much reduced rate, then book your journey online. The used tickets will be deducted from your account, but you must use them within a 12 month period or lose them. A block of 10 for my work vehicle (Vito) was £390 and when I used them for my MH I paid a £9 surcharge each way including a passenger, and at `sensible` travel times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We just came home from France to notification from Tesco's that they are continuing the 'double points' offer they had all summer but the Rewards Vouchers will only be 3 x fac value instead of 4 x face value. Need to wait for latest vouchers to arrive so we can buy the last lot of Tunnel vouchers at 4 x prior to the deadline on 6th Dec (ie have to have em bought by 05 Dec)

Also are reducing Petrol/Fuel points to 1 per £2 spent unless you pay on yer Tesco credit card, in which case it is still 1 point for each £1 spent. (used to be 1 for each £1 plus bonus points for using your CC !)

Still better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick though, and you can defo still do what JJ said anyway, however you actually paid!

JJ - do you know, does that work the same coming back from France? or have you never been early? LOL

We have only used the tunnel once so far, we were earlier than expected going (traffic om M1/25 was far better than we expected) and that did work, but coming back although we were dead early, the auto terminals weren't working and we had to go through check in which then left us kicking our heels for a few hours. Very boring, absolutely nothing to do there! Check-in queues were so long if you actually had turned up just in enough time for your train, like your tickets and the rules and regs tell you to, you were missing it - some people with 3 little children missed the slot for their late afternoon train by about 2 minutes by the time they let them through at check-in and were consigned to one after midnight as they said there weren't any slots before that. Kids were due back at school next day. Probably correct, we hadn't realised it was the last day of the school hols in parts of the UK and would not have chosed that day to return if we had!

And they had closed the Information desk in the terminal, very cynical we thought. (But that's just the same as the ferries isn't it? at the French end you never get anyone offering to be helpful and bend rules whereas they can do all sorts of things at the Dover end! Well we never have anyway as long as we've been going, since 1969)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I once turned up a couple of hours early for a train. I was asked if I wanted to go on an earlier train. When I said no, I was told in no uncertain terms that I must leave Eurotunnel property and should only return when I was ready to travel.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well it does say that on yer ticket! But then it says the same on yer ferry tickets and if they are fully booked you have to get out of Dover docks too. Marine Parade works for a convoy of 3 cars and trailers all loaded up with camping/carping gear as well as Motorhomes! LOL

Have to say I was nervous as it was about 10 o'clock at night and we were booked on a train at 01.00 ish, I had thought, Oooh, where would we go if they did that? But they didn't!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back