12v Sky 'Pace' minibox with old one off £20 card but ... (1 Viewer)

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Just reconnected the above box in the M/H as I am sure I read that you do not need this £20.00 card anymore..used to spend half my life getting the card re registered then waited ages for it to operate:Angry:[searched high & low for the post but cannot find ] in the hope that SKY freesat would pick up some channels like : Quest, Dave 12/19 Create & craft,Ideal world etc'etc which we DO get on the Home coax Freeview digi system. The Sat Freesat box does not get these.
The SKY box says I must tele an 0844 no....
WHATS THE GAME HERE ....ARE THEY GOING TO TRY AND TELL/SELL ME SOMETHING ELSE ...perhaps another £20 card :shout:

ANY HELP IN 'LAYMANS' SPEAK PLEASE....:thumb:
PLEASE ASSUME AN 'IDIOT' IS ABOUT TO READ & UNDERSTAND THE ANSWERS:Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes they want you to upgrade to the new white card
Will it work without any card in ? it should,

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
WHATS THE GAME HERE .

Simples, make Sky MASSIVE profits.

From memory Dave was an odd one, it's on Fresat but Sky charge for it.

Buy a Fresat box or even a cheapo general purpose sat receiver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Agree with Brian.

I bought a cheap Freesat box from Argos .. £30 .. it can also be tuned for any other FTA (free to air ) channels..

Link Removed

edit .. it's not 12vdc which may or may not be an issue for you

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Simples, make Sky MASSIVE profits.

From memory Dave was an odd one, it's on Fresat but Sky charge for it.

Buy a Fresat box or even a cheapo general purpose sat receiver.

No.

Dave is subscription on Satellite - ie Sky.
Dave is NOT available on Freesat.
Dave is available on Freeview.

Quest is also subscription on satellite.
Quest is NOT available on Freesat.

Create & craft and Ideal world are free to air, available with out ANY viewing card, and will be available on just about ANY digital satellite receiver,

The OP:
You will need a £25 freesatfromsky card for 8 itv1 regions, irish channel 4s, Sky3, Viva tv, Liverpool FC TV, 3 of the 4 Five regions, Fiver and Five USA (And timeshifts) should you be wanting to watch these on satellite.
All BBC regions are available free to air, and require not viewing card - they have not needed a card for the last 7 plus years! MOst ITV1 regions and ITV2,3,4 are also free to air, as are C4, E4, M4, and 1 Five region.

Sky and freesat are not related.
Sky and freesatfromsky are - thats what the £25 card is

OP
OP
D

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Hi Geo

Yes they want you to upgrade to the new white card
Will it work without any card in ? it should,

NOPE., tried that. Screen just says 'Insert the card':shout:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Id leave it switch on for a good while to see what it does then overnight even:thumb:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Id leave it switch on for a good while to see what it does then overnight even:thumb:

If your sky card is getting Fiver and Five USA then it is working correctly.

If you are paying a subscription to sky, and still getting the "Please upgrade" message then contact sky.

Dave and Quest are subscription channels and require a MINIMUM of a £19 per month subscription. They are not available on the £20/£25 freesatfromsky card. So leaving a FSFS card in a sky box overnight WILL NOT magically make these two channel appear...unless Sky make a real balls up of their encryption!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If your sky card is getting Fiver and Five USA then it is working correctly.

If you are paying a subscription to sky, and still getting the "Please upgrade" message then contact sky.

Dave and Quest are subscription channels and require a MINIMUM of a £19 per month subscription. They are not available on the £20/£25 freesatfromsky card. So leaving a FSFS card in a sky box overnight WILL NOT magically make these two channel appear...unless Sky make a real balls up of their encryption!
He's not getting any channels as I read it, he was hoping to get the free ones at least, and its an old blue card

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
He's not getting any channels as I read it, he was hoping to get the free ones at least, and its an old blue card

with or without a sky card you will get the free to air channels (ie BBC itv1,2,3,4)

with a new white £20/£25 freesatfromsky card you will get the free to air channels and the free to view channels (like Fiver and Five USA).

For the pay channels contact sky (phone or via website), give them your address and bank details, and they will send a sky card for the subscription channels you want and pay for, pop the card in the box (if connected tot he phone line that can help activate the card, but another call to sky and the card gets activated)

sky have 6 "mixes" each with their own "genre" of channels - ie variety, kids, music, documentary, news and events, and liefstyle. 1 mix is £19 per month, and each additional mix is £1 per month extra.
So if you want Dave and History, then you want two mixes - the variety and knowledge - costing £20 per month.

And re PM, but useful for others:
Sky boxes automatically download new software.
the latest version of software for standard boxes is 3.8.8 (from the system details screen services, 4, 5). It makes no real difference as versions above 3.6 work with the new cards, and eventually your box once connected to the satellite will automatically update to the new software, you can manually update, but the updates are not always "on stream".

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Davidallan
I have sent you a PM

Mel:thumb: