Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Apologies if this is not new, but I've received two phishing attempts re a new version of Adobe Acrobat. It's nothing of the sort, just a pile of malware, and should be deleted on sight.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
adobe

i downloaded it ages ago and it makes pc freeze will have to delete it asap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
how do you no the differents from the original :Doh:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bumping up last poster question... as I too have downloaded one and don't know if real one or not? Could that be why my dongle cutting off again tonight for first time in several weeks?

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Bumping up last poster question... as I too have downloaded one and don't know if real one or not? Could that be why my dongle cutting off again tonight for first time in several weeks?

Thinking about having my dongle cut off has just made my eyes water.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
For those unsure, don't click on anything other than to close it.

Launch Acrobat Reader manually then go to Help and Check for Updates from within the application.

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Adobe

If you're not sure it's genuine - and if you were notified by e-mail, it almost certainly isn't genuine :thumbdown: - then delete it.
If it was genuine then you're no worse off - you just have a "not quite up to date" application that's working OK anyway!
Almost every computer this side of Alpha Centauri uses some Adobe application or other so it's not difficult to target people who use it!!! :Eeek:
As always with this sort of thing "discretion is the better part of having to re-install all your software"

If I keep writing rubbish like that can I be a nutter please? pretty pretty please?? :ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If you're not sure it's genuine - and if you were notified by e-mail, it almost certainly isn't genuine :thumbdown: - then delete it.
If it was genuine then you're no worse off - you just have a "not quite up to date" application that's working OK anyway!
Almost every computer this side of Alpha Centauri uses some Adobe application or other so it's not difficult to target people who use it!!! :Eeek:
As always with this sort of thing "discretion is the better part of having to re-install all your software"

If I keep writing rubbish like that can I be a nutter please? pretty pretty please?? :ROFLMAO:

Ya gotta be much dafter than that to be a nutter, it made sense to me - but then .... :Doh:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Wot No Nutter?

Ya gotta be much dafter than that to be a nutter, it made sense to me - but then .... :Doh:

Getting really worried now. It even made sense to me too..:whatthe:

Drat & Double Drat as Dick Dastardly would say. :ROFLMAO:

Or in the words of our National Bard "The best laid schemes of mice and men gang aft agley" :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As a member of the Nutter Cabinet - can't remember what leftfolio I've got - I am sure I have the authority to say "Yer All Nutters" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Whats being said above makes sense. Do not respond to software udates that are communicated to you by email.

Its genuine when you open the version you already have and you are then promted by the software manufacture that an update is available.

This will then direct you to the manufacturers site for a safe update.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back