Camping Don Cactus-Costa Tropical (1 Viewer)

fred1721

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Retford,Notts
Funster No
Exp
We are looking at this Camping Don Cactus site for a stay in January any information on this would be helpful if anyone has stayed there in the winter.
My first post hope I got it right:thumb::thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi and welcome to Motohome Fun. I havent visited this site but just had a glance at it on the web.

It looks great, I'm envious just looking at the web site.

Jim
:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello Fred,
I cant help you with the site you want to visit , but welcome to MHF. Someone may be on later who can help you, till then this will put you back to the top of the list:winky:
Wish we were able to go away for the winter... but i suppose i shouldn't wish away our youth , or kids for that matter.
But still wish we could ::bigsmile: Some day......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We went to have a look at this site and was not keen.
First it is surrounded by those plastic greenhouses the Spanish growers love.
It is right on the coast so OK as long as it doesn't blow too hard.
So we didn't stop but some friends said they liked it so maybe you need to go & see it to make up your own mind.
Maybe others will give more info.

OP
OP
fred1721

fred1721

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Retford,Notts
Funster No
Exp
Camping Don Cactus

Thanks for comments so far. I guess it will be a go suck it and see job. I have contacted the site about booking and they say not neccessary just come. Which makes me think it will be empty then. I am still going with Jenny my wife whatever. My brother is coming in his motorhome as well so roll on.::bigsmile::thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We went there in early 2009 - about March I think. We were going to stay a week but left after 3 nights!
Like Keith we didn't like the location.
Also the beach is just huge pebbles - we even found a dead Wild Boar on the beach!!!
It was very busy - no need to book though as it is huge!

I hated it but we have friends who love it so you really need to go and see for yourself! :Smile:

costatropical

Free Member
Oct 26, 2010
Funster No
Camping Castillo de Banos

Hi

Just read your post, we find that the other camp site owned by the same chain in Castillos de Banos is nicer and less crowded.

Hope this helps.:Smile:

costatropical

Free Member
Oct 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi Jim

We live just down the road ( a beautiful traditional coastal resort called La Mamola) from the other campsite in Castillo de Banos and this is in a secluded area. Don Cactus has a nice beach but it is windy there and a little colder in our opinion

Hi and welcome to Motohome Fun. I havent visited this site but just had a glance at it on the web.

It looks great, I'm envious just looking at the web site.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
fred1721

fred1721

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Retford,Notts
Funster No
Exp
camping costatropical

hi costtropical
Thanks for that info. Anymore info you can give would be a great help.How far to beach,weather in January,any local transport.

Fred & Jenny:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We live just down the road ( a beautiful traditional coastal resort called La Mamola) from the other campsite in Castillo de Banos and this is in a secluded area. Don Cactus has a nice beach but it is windy there and a little colder in our opinion

Would agree with you, Castillo de Banos is in my opinion much nicer although smaller. There is usually a C&CC rally on there, if that is to your liking.

I remember there was a market in the next village, Castell de Ferro, on the beach.

Right on the beach by a small village with very little around it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back