bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, after having a Dual Fuel car Petrol / LPG for 6 years and having various gauges on Gas bottles and none being that great I saw this:

Link Removed

Do you think they work. :Smile: Bob.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, after having a Dual Fuel car Petrol / LPG for 6 years and having various gauges on Gas bottles and none being that great I saw this:

Link Removed

Do you think they work. :Smile: Bob.

Looks good.

I guess it must be some form of ultrasonic sonar type device. Should work since it's not on a nuclear submarine.

Where from, how much ?

PS Just seen £150 to £300. Ouch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Brian, yes would be nice if they did work,:Smile: maybe in a couple of years all the Germans will have them and they will get a bit cheaper.:winky: :Smile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I know I'm still new to all of this but surely if you have two bottles then the only indicator you need is when the flames go out?

This is just another gadget isn't it?

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I was looking at gauges at the NEC and spoke to Calor at the show and the words of the wise man at calor was this...

"Don't waste your money none are accurate"

The new Calor light bottles come with a Gauge on the bottle and are £2 a refill more but are also alot lighter so i am going with that next fill up..

Link Removed

Craig

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was looking at gauges at the NEC and spoke to Calor at the show and the words of the wise man at calor was this...

"Don't waste your money none are accurate"

Absolutely correct

That's because what they peddle as level gauges are none of the sort ..

They are either pressure gauges ( the clue is in the name, ) or stick on strips with temperature sensitive crystals that change colour and show the liquid gas level... but only work when there is a high take off of gas, they don't work when the bottle is not in use.

These types do work ..

* Ultra sonic level transmitter.
These are common on oil and gas refineries.. never seen one fitted to a van ..probably due to cost.

* A float magnetically connected to a local gauge which also has connections for a panel mounted gauge.
Usually fitted to LPG tanks and I believe the later model Gaslow bottle

* A set of electronic scales which the bottle sits on, with a transmitter to a panel gauge.

Personally I wouldn't bother.. as already said.. when the light goes out it's time to change over bottles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I get a pretty good idea of the gas level by looking at the condensation on the bottle----this works better when you have drawn off a bit (to make the liquid in the bottle cooler) and outside is a little humid (quite common with our climate)-----I find mornings, after the heating has run for a while is best,
Nigel

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
This looks like the same system as fitted as standard on the Hymer S820.
I found this worked quite well, most of the time.

Soundman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back