Free Member
Oct 8, 2010
Naas Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class tag axle
Exp
since 2005
Hi. We have a problem with our Truma water heater in our Frankia which we have just purchased. We were trying to get the heating working on 240v electric dial but didnt seem to work. We checked the automatic overheating switch which seemed to be OK. The drain valve had accidentley opened and we could not close it manually and stop the water from draining even whilst filling. Does this valve run off a fuse? We followed the instructions on the manual but still cant get the valve to close.

Any help appreciated.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
some drain valves have a frost protection device that drains below about 5 degrees I am sure someone will come along with more info what truma system do you have you can get info from here

http://www.trumauk.com/

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This may be an auto drain valve
If its a lift to close type valve it may have automaticly opend as they do when temp drops below +3c (freeze protection) and they wont stay closed untill the temp reaches aprox +8c a tip is to lift plunger and place a cloths peg under it to stop it dropping down again fill up and start heating:thumb:
remove peg if putting into storage
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Ah, that explains it.

Hi Geo,

Many thanks, that explains what has happened to my heating / water system and why the contents of the fresh water tank got pumped overboard.

Still, with an empty tank and all the taps open I don't have to worry about the cold weather.

Quick question: Is there a risk of damage using the blown air heating if there's no water in the system with a combi Truma?

Cheers,
Richard W.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi Geo,

Many thanks, that explains what has happened to my heating / water system and why the contents of the fresh water tank got pumped overboard.

Still, with an empty tank and all the taps open I don't have to worry about the cold weather.

Quick question: Is there a risk of damage using the blown air heating if there's no water in the system with a combi Truma?

Cheers,
Richard W.

It can be used without water

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back