mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
OK we took delivery of our external silver screens from "foldstar" today...They seem to be nicely made although I was expecting them to be thicker( purely judging by picture). They fit nice and snug on the transit cab too!

My question is, once fitted can you open doors on cab? With my one, you certainly cannot...If you tried you would rip the "hook over" piece that grips on the cab doors.

can someone confirm that this is the norm.

Cheers
MM

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
My question is, once fitted can you open doors on cab? With my one, you certainly cannot...If you tried you would rip the "hook over" piece that grips on the cab doors.

can someone confirm that this is the norm.

Yes his is the norm, you don't usually open your cab doors when they are on.

ours has th front panel so you can drop it down in the day to let some light in.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
My question is, should an emergency arise and you needed to make a quick drive away. How do you do it ?
The reason why I got internal thermal blinds.

Don

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just how long does it actually take to remove the screens ( not nice and neatly but 'by the chuff we have goota move NOW' sort of removal )

I would be surprised if the time was much longer than a minute :Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
For internal blinds, yes, about a minute or less.
But if you are the subject of an attack, you don't want to open doors and risk yourself or your family, just to enable the removal of external blinds.
Just MHO.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We dont really go to places where we may be subject to attack.:Eeek:
That isn't meant sarcastically BTW.
We have wild camped on the odd occasion but choose places in the middle of no where. Or our fave village pub. Our silver screen ( from Cleckheaton ) has the drop down front, with a mesh piece attached.
You can see out but people cant see in. We usually just have it with that mesh bit on , if were in the middle of no where. So you could drive off in a hurry if needed.
It still stops the condensation, though its not as effective as with the top layer as well.
You could always use the internal ones you get with the MH, on the front window as well i suppose. If it was really cold outside.
There are 2 adults 3 teenagers and 2 border Terriers in our MH too. So plenty of hot air:Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you must go to some rough places

For internal blinds, yes, about a minute or less.
But if you are the subject of an attack, you don't want to open doors and risk yourself or your family, just to enable the removal of external blinds.
Just MHO.

Don

We have a B class yank and have external silver type screens... we put them on when we arrive at a site or show and take them off when we leave... they are on the RV now at home..

They stop the fabric getting bleached in the cab of the E350 Ford and also stop people looking in tot he cab area to see if there are any equipment to nick..

They are held in place by sliding them over the top corners of the doors and they have a tie down to go round the handle (some have a magnet in the)...

They are good items.. only problem is when they get wet.. but we do not worry to much about that as once home again they are in place and get wet when it nex rains.. BEST thing is no condensation on the inside of the windows...

Bob:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
They are good items.. only problem is when they get wet.. but we do not worry to much about that as once home again they are in place and get wet when it nex rains.. BEST thing is no condensation on the inside of the windows...

Bob:thumb:

You may do this already , so pardon me for telling you how to suck eggs if so:Blush: But...
When we take ours of when wet, we give them a shake and loosely roll them up and put them in the shower cubicle. There dry by the time we get home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back