Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hello All

Thanks for previous input but Mrs E is driving me slightly mad.:whatthe: We are booked in to Almafra for a month in Nov/Dec but someone said they had never heard of it so now she is mithering. It looks OK to me! ::bigsmile:

However, has anybody actually been to CAMPING ALMAFRA & if so, what is it like, please??:Doh:

Billkce

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sorry but I have heard of it,but dont think its in Benidorm.
having said that,I have been wrong before.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ah now it all becomes clear,its the newish one at Alfaz del Pia.
Was buit about 3 or 4 years ago,last time I was there was to play boules.
Its quite a way out of Benidorm and there was no vegitation last time I was there,having said that maybe its grown a bit now.Its very popular with fulltime fifth wheelers,a lot of them have not moved since parking there.
Hope this helps.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Wasn't that where JSW stayed all winter ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Camping Almafra....

We were there June.. 2010[also booked for a week +]
Having spent 9 wks in France & Spain......this was the 'WORST' site we have ever come across.[35 YRS Camping/Carravanning/M-Homing]

Complaints...plenty & many more than us
If you are using 'camping cheques', beware; apparently they are not wanting them anymore= PROBLEMS + EXTRA COSTS+ + + etc.etc..

CONVENIENT for Benidorm = YES. Thats it.!!

Also visited 3 more equally convenient sites and spoke to many UK visitors.,
mostly 'Returnees' = Say no more :Smile:

SORRY for the NEG feedback but DO try and alter plans if at all possible.

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Beniform

We were there June.. 2010[also booked for a week +]
Having spent 9 wks in France & Spain......this was the 'WORST' site we have ever come across.[35 YRS Camping/Carravanning/M-Homing]

Complaints...plenty & many more than us
If you are using 'camping cheques', beware; apparently they are not wanting them anymore= PROBLEMS + EXTRA COSTS+ + + etc.etc..

CONVENIENT for Benidorm = YES. Thats it.!!

Also visited 3 more equally convenient sites and spoke to many UK visitors.,
mostly 'Returnees' = Say no more :Smile:

SORRY for the NEG feedback but DO try and alter plans if at all possible.

Thank you for your comments, you really have confirmed my feelings on this one. :Sad: What were the alternatives? We are now looking at the ACSI one in Altea.

Carole

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Hi Billcea,
The one we investigated @ Altea was Camping ' Cap Blanc '[relying on my wifes input here-& she's never wrong !?!] Smallish Friendly site [Full up nearly- april/may 2010] Level and across a road[not the M1] from the Beach/Sea-long beach walks 4 u .Many returning Dutch [over winterers] and Good popular restuarant on site. Wash/wc etc v/clean but maybe a little dated.
ALTEA itself is quite a posh sort of place with many Eateries/Indian/Cafes etc...Visited quite few times and well placed for Benidorm and coastal/hill towns etc.
PS we tow a Smart whcih made life easier.
Hope this helps

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Villa-Sol in the middle of Benidorm next to the market, they have a club house pool you can walk to the beach at the Lavante end of town, l go every winter for a few weeks, they have a few big pitches for Rv,s. cash machine on site, cost a bit more to stop on there but worth every penny
Paul

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I stayed on Almafra a couple of years ago and had no problems.

Yes it is afairly new site and it is a very clean site with excellent facilities, there is also a bar and swimming pool/sports complex attached to the site. Ther is also a security barrier at the entrance.

I will admit that it is not too near Benidorm but we (my family and friends) did walk it one day and caught a bus back to the front gate of the site.

There are a lot of people who love it and stay there every winter.

Save for the problem with 'camping cheques', I don't quite know what the other problems were with the site that 'davidallan' was moaning about, save that it may be a little more expensive than some of the others, but I feel it has excellent facilities to offer. Perhaps he can be more specific on what the other complaints are, as I felt that this site was far superior to most other sites both here and in Europe!

As I said I have stayed there about 3 years ago and would definitely stay there again.

I also believe that the CC&C hold winter rallies there.

Regards Pat

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think this thread confirms that campsites are a bit like horses for coarses.
People find a campsite especialy in Spain and return year after year,mainly becouse over a longer period of time they get to know people and campsites become like small villages,people returning to the same one from all over Europe in the winter.I know I was always happy to return to the same campsite in Benidorm,not just for the campsite,but to meet up with all the friends I had met over the years.Once you have become excepted into the run of things,it becomes a part of your life.I have traveled extensivly all my life and still do up to a point,but going to the same campsite in Spain for the winter was a bit like going home.I was happy to be there but was also happy to go home in the spring,if that makes sence.Once people started to pack up in April to travel home I got the urge to do the same.There was a lot of fancier campsites in Benidorm but I always went to La Torreta becouse I felt at home there.Many used to say,why do you always go to Torreta and I always replied that it was tradition,could never explain it any other way.I have not been for 2 years now and the first year friends would ring up to see where I was and if I was still alive.Like I said earlier,horses for coarses.

Riggermortis

Free Member
Nov 3, 2010
Funster No
Almafra

Hi! Spent last three winters in Benidorm and cant be beaten! Know Almafra but usually stay on Villasol however El Raco is probably the best pricewise especially.If you're going to be in Benidorm at Christmas then you must go to the Benidorm Palace Christmas night! You dont have to have the meal, just pay to sit in the balcony(best view in the house) and costs about 26 Euros each but the best night out ever! Trust me!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back