weight of motorhomes on eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I see on the eurotunnel site that maximum weight on passenger trains is 3.5 tons does anyone take any notice,do you travel light to conform or do you book on the freight train the weight of mine is 3.8 mgw thanks

OP
OP
dewaltman

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
funny thing is they appear not to worry about the length but I will probably do what you suggest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
As they take coaches on the high top i am surprised at the restirction have travelled numerous times and there have been at least 2 or 3 coaches on there at times especially school holidays.

OP
OP
dewaltman

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Sorry dont know how to put a link and maybe I 'm confused went to eurotunnel home page,then across top to travel with us section ,scroll down to vehicle types then car over 1.85metres high ,it says maximum weight of vans is 3.5 tons just realised maybe because this section has 2 tiers and doesn't relate to motorhomes

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sorry dont know how to put a link and maybe I 'm confused went to eurotunnel home page,then across top to travel with us section ,scroll down to vehicle types then car over 1.85metres high ,it says maximum weight of vans is 3.5 tons just realised maybe because this section has 2 tiers and doesn't relate to motorhomes

Yes , that is for commercial vans.. I found the info

Van: Any van (including roof box, roof rack or cycles) over 1.85m in height, used for private, tourist or leisure travel. This excludes minibuses, campervans, trailers, caravans, motorcycles and any light commercial goods vehicles carrying commercial goods for resale. Please note, the maximum laden weight for a van on our Passenger service is 3.5 tonnes.

Campervan: Any vehicle which includes living accommodation (including (without limitation) seats, table, sleeping, cooking and storage facilities).

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The weight limit is for their insurance cover only, just select that you have your own insurance and you're fine. :thumb:

RVfulltimer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2008
Funster No
Should not be a problem we have travelled on the train a few times with a 34ft rv and a 12 ft twin axle trailer some times we take up a whole carrage ,and the last time they charged me £50 ,hope you get on ok lol and jude.

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Book as a campervan, they do not worry about weight,length or height. I've done it several times, first time I could not belief their laid back approach when the ferries want to know all dimensions to the nearest cm, so I phoned them to clarify. To them a campervan is a campervan whether its 3.5t or3.8t or 12t.

Book and enjoy.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
No problem with the weight of a motorhome we went to Franch via the tunnel with our 36' RV with tow car.

I have always found the staff are so helpful, they even let us on an earlier train at no extra cost:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back