Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I apologise in advance if this subject has been addressed elsewhere. I understood the rabies booster was only necessary every 3 years, but somebody in France talked about somebody else who had to stay in France for 6 months, even though their dog's jabs were up-to-date because it was judged somewhere that the booster had to be given annually. I have spoken to my vet today who said that Spain wants the booster to be given annually and if it hasn't been, your dog will not be allowed into the country. Therefore, if I intend going there or to certain other countries, then I would have peace of mind if Ellie had a booster now. Can someone please clarify this point? I really feel that I should have the booster done now.
Ivy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was amazed to find out that a 3 year booster was available last year.
My cats booster was due whilst I was in Holland,I normaly used to get it done by my local UK vet but was away when it fell due.
I went to the Dutch vet expecting a 1 year booster,they asked why and I replied that was what was needed. They told me I could have the 3 year booster at the same price and that it was valid all over Europe. I had this done and asked my vet about it on return to the UK. He was a bit sheepish about it as he knew that he had lost a customer,it was half the price for 3 years in Holland than I had been paying in the UK for 1 year.

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
booster

:whatthe:got my dogs booster last year 2 days before going away vet phoned and told me the booster was 4 days to late so had to go through the hole procedure again, booster is due every 2 years. some 3 years it depends on the type of vaccination your pet s given, never heard of 1 year. or what you were told about Spain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
My understanding of the jab renewal was that the official line from DEFRA was that if your pet spends more than 3 months out of the uk then some countries insist on a yearly booster jab - probably Spain I would imagine.
If just used for shorter holidays then the passport is valid for length of time given by the vacines manufacturer . (3 years in our Rosie's case)
You can check by logging onto www.defra.gov.uk & clicking on the pet travel scheme, or phoning them direct on 08702411710 :Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the Defra site has the info

My understanding of the jab renewal was that the official line from DEFRA was that if your pet spends more than 3 months out of the uk then some countries insist on a yearly booster jab - probably Spain I would imagine.
If just used for shorter holidays then the passport is valid for length of time given by the vacines manufacturer . (3 years in our Rosie's case)
You can check by logging onto www.defra.gov.uk & clicking on the pet travel scheme, or phoning them direct on 08702411710 :Smile:

You cannot even be one day over the three years for the booster jab for the rabies.. if you are then you have to start again.

for latest info.

Link Removed

NOTE:::::::::::::::: that the UK rules are only valid until 31st December 2011.. after that there may be some changes taking place to merge with the ECC rules.

Bob:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back