What make of water pump is this ? (1 Viewer)

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Hi Folks,

I need to replace the in-tank water pump on my 2006 Knaus sun traveller.
There are no markings at all on it, and I cant seem to find an identical replacement. :cry:
Anybody recognise it ?

waterpump2.jpg

It looks a bit "contrived", like the red hose fitting, white hose & blue hose have been assembled onto a pump with a small/low outlet, but even so I'd assume there is an off-the-shelf replacement ?

Any ideas ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Would have thought any old standard submersible would work ok :Smile:

The actual pump looks pretty standard

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Looks like a Riech to me, fairly common, and being german conversion probable...about 14/15 litre i would say.

Just had a check.....

I am good...even if it is only me that thinks so!

Link Removed

Seems pretty close anyway!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Looks like a Riech to me, fairly common, and being german conversion probable...about 14/15 litre i would say.

Just had a check.....

I am good...even if it is only me that thinks so!

Link Removed

Seems pretty close anyway!

I have just replaced the pump in my Hymer. There were originally two small yellow pumps in the tank coupled together, one feeding the other to a single outlet pipe.

Replaced it with one Reich 15 litre slimline pump. (£22.99 at Discover Leisure Birtley, Co. Durham) We thought it wasn't giving much output so we have just measured it and it is giving 1.5 litres a minute measured into a jug at the sink.

I initially thought it said 1.5 litres a minute, but on reading this thread I have just had a look a the spare we bought and it says 15 litres.

Surely 15 litres a minute would be almost two full, two gallon buckets in a minute (3.2995372722 gal) That would empty a 40 litre Auqaroll inside 3 minutes.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the output should be so low. Could it be the height of the sink above the base of the tank? /length of delivery pipe to the tap? that is causing this reduced flow.

If I put both pumps in feeding one outlet pipe would this be to much pressure for the taps?

John

OP
OP
dealgan

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Aha ! ::bigsmile:

Yes, that looks like it should work with a bit of fiddling.

Would you (or anyone) happen to know if the outlet pipe on the pump is hard plastic or a bit flexible ?

ReichWaterPump.jpg

I need to refit the right-angle hose connector (red pice in my pic) to the new pump somehow and it looks to be about the right length already.

Thanks very much ! :Smile:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Blocked Strainers

Removed the strainer ends from the taps. Cleared out a load of junk. Flow back to good. Now 3.7 litres per minute.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dealgan

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Update :

The new reich pump was a little different physically, so needed a bit of DIY cutting & glueing to end up with a similar setup.
(Surprised at this, thought Knaus would use an off-the-shelf part)

It is now fitted & works perfectly. I was a bit worried the pressure/flow may be different, but it seems identical, thankfully.

Problem solved :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back