lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As some of you might have noticed my other thread about sat systems and ones i had looked at while at the show. Well being a Scotsman i allways think twice before spending my hard earned money so when i was offered a show deal price of £1799 for oyster sat fully fitted then he took £50 off to get me to leave a deposit. I told him id go home get advice (from funsters) before i make up my mind.

Well went on to his website today and he has them advertised cheaper on there than doing at show so glad i didnt buy and wont be.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well went on to his website today and he has them advertised cheaper on there than doing at show so glad i didnt buy and wont be.

Huh, so that's what they think of us - idiots.

You really can't beat a manual crank up, so little to go wrong.

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
I seem to recall reading about the internet system offered by IpCopter themselves - it was around that price (automatic seeking as I recall).

If you're interested speak to Andy at RoadPro - he uses the same system (you could consider having internet with a slingbox).

Rog

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Huh, so that's what they think of us - idiots.

You really can't beat a manual crank up, so little to go wrong.

At the risk of hijacking the OPs thread - has anyone got the Camos Crank up Sat dish fitted? What do you think of it? How easy to find your chosen satellite? How far south did you manage to receive UK channels? How much did you pay to have it installed?

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
At the risk of hijacking the OPs thread - has anyone got the Camos Crank up Sat dish fitted? What do you think of it? How easy to find your chosen satellite? How far south did you manage to receive UK channels? How much did you pay to have it installed?

Steve

I believe Jim, madbluemad has one and speaks highly of it.. search 'camos and madbluemad'

Re, coverage of the UK channels, any 60cm or equivalent should receive them to the south of France and perhaps as far south as Barcelona .. that was my experience with the Maxview Crank up ..

there is a long running thread on the pros and cons here Link Removed

If I were on the market for one it would be the Camos .. the Maxview is a good dish but doesn't like windy weather ..usually the time when you want to watch the box..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It does take people a while to learn that..

"Special Show Price"
"Special Show Offer"
"Show Price"

More often than not means that the price is more expensive than normal::bigsmile:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
sorry for of topic

Steve
we have a camos crank up fitted on the van , i fitted myself in about an hour an half , a quick check which way north is with a compass and adjust the locating ring to show north and move the dish till the pointer points at astra 2 , with fine tuning it takes a minuet or so to get a piccy , dont now how far south you will get a piccy

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
maxiview

have a maxview crank up .locking mechanism broke in wind stript it down flimsy plastic crap.:Angry:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We got a Camos, works a treat:thumb:

Very easy to fit & set up

Got Sky news in Switerland no prob

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
As Jim said we have a Camos Flat Sat Plus. Weve had it for a couple of years now and weve had no trouble at all with it. A great piece of kit.
Jim
:Smile:

Blobsta

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 635 2016
Exp
30 years
As some of you might have noticed my other thread about sat systems and ones i had looked at while at the show. Well being a Scotsman i allways think twice before spending my hard earned money so when i was offered a show deal price of £1799 for oyster sat fully fitted then he took £50 off to get me to leave a deposit. I told him id go home get advice (from funsters) before i make up my mind.

Blimey, they have gone up in price, I bought mine at the show at London. Cost 1500.
Wonder if it is the same people at Newark.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back