Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 635 2016
Exp
30 years
Been hearing about the six speed gearing of Motorhomes like the Trigano Tribune and the Fiat 2.3 engine, having a serious judder when reversing up hill. I gather the problem is that 1st and reverse gear ratio is too high. Has any member come across this with the 2.2 Peugeot Based motorhome like mine?

Bob

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Keep you boot off the gas pedal and let it do its own thing.

Going forward let the clutch out and then give it the gas, going backwards just leave it alone basically.

Peter

OP
OP
Blobsta

Blobsta

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 635 2016
Exp
30 years
Keep you boot off the gas pedal and let it do its own thing.

Going forward let the clutch out and then give it the gas, going backwards just leave it alone basically.

Peter
Peter, no disrespect, I hold a class 1 HGV. A PCV and IAM in both. Apart from that I was a Commercial Driving instructor. I know how to drive.

The question was, is my Auto sleeper 2.2 subject to this problem as I pick it up from the dealer on Wednesday?

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I assumed and I'm sure anyone else reading it would think the same, from your original posting that you were having similar problems but it appears you are looking for problems before you even take delivery. I am sure Peter wasn't trying to teach you to suck eggs.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Peter, no disrespect, I hold a class 1 HGV. A PCV and IAM in both. Apart from that I was a Commercial Driving instructor. I know how to drive.

The question was, is my Auto sleeper 2.2 subject to this problem as I pick it up from the dealer on Wednesday?

Bob

Then you will be an ideal person to test it.

Throughout the whole Judderagte fiasco some doubt can be cast on the driver.

Then some people rarely reverse.

Then it seems very dependent on the particular vehicle. Same model, some say "no problem" others get the reverse gear changed.

Not long now and you can find out the hard way and speak on the results with some authority.

What you don't say is new/second hand. If brand new maybe you get the correct reverse ratio with it, or maybe it's an old chassis with the high one.

You can google "juddergate" for a mass of hits.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back