Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since August 2010
This weekend, me and the missus decided to find out if Motorhoming in colder weather was something that might appeal, it also gave us the chance to see if the heater worked.

This is only the fourth time we have used the MH since we purchased it in August this year. However, something really strange happened the second night we were at the site. While I was sat on the "Swivelled" passenger seat, enjoying my morning cup of tea, I noticed something that made me gasp with astonishment.......at some point, whilst we were sleeping, an Alien (Or Predator) must have somehow entered the MH, and fitted two lights underneath the cupboards over the cooker/sink. I mean, they weren't there before, otherwise I would have noticed them......wouldn't I?:Blush:

On the plus side, the missus was well chuffed that we now had extra lighting, especially in an area she has to spend a great deal of time (Washing up of course, after all, it is a womans task is it not?).

Has anyone else ever discovered a useful item they never knew existed, or wasn't shown by the salesman? I think I may have a good look around the 'van, incase there is something else lurking!:roflmto:

PS We stayed at Salisbury C&CC site, it has an excellent riverside walk into town, with some wonderful wildlife to be spotted on the way.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tony, I know motorhomers that have had a motorhome for years and still don;t know what all the buttons do. ::bigsmile: Just tell her you fitted them so that she might find the washing and drying easier:Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
On a recent trip I was cogitating on the throne when I noticed that the Four Winds chippy had gone home early and not fitted the cladding under the bathroom cabinet. Heyho another job for me. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
been changing battery charger, at home, and just plugged my RV into hookup for the first time and found theres a 110v light under the microwave shining on the hob and an extractor fan/filter built into the bottom of said microwave to extract hob steam/smoke and blow it out at high level. :Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
The best added function I found on our MH was the fact that Autocruise had installed a solar panel controller (up to 100W) included in the ECU. All I had to do was find out how to wire said solar panel into the system. :Cool:

No body at the dealers had any idea about it, but Autocruise were very helpful in explaining how to activate it & it works brilliantly. :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
About two years after buying our RV , Jan found a hidden space under the middle step ..

the step hinged up revealing a wash basin, complete with drain plug.. no idea what for, we kept shoes in it .. maybe a foot bath :roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
About two years after buying our RV , Jan found a hidden space under the middle step ..

the step hinged up revealing a wash basin, complete with drain plug.. no idea what for, we kept shoes in it .. maybe a foot bath :roflmto:

That step was probably an ice bucket Jim, quite common on RVs:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
However, something really strange happened the second night we were at the site. While I was sat on the "Swivelled" passenger seat, enjoying my morning cup of tea, I noticed something that made me gasp with astonishment.......at some point, whilst we were sleeping, an Alien (Or Predator) must have somehow entered the MH, and fitted two lights underneath the cupboards over the cooker/sink. I mean, they weren't there before, otherwise I would have noticed them......wouldn't I?.

Sounds like you were a bit dim.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
After owning our old girl for two and a half years, whilst I was Armouralling the dash, I could hear this Alarm going off!

YEP! it was ours!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
AND, the Alien? lives next door! He is definately from the Planet Zog!

His Misses could not manage the step over the side of the Bath, (this guy is well on the way to being a millionaire! ) He takes an Anglegrinder and cuts a door in the side of the Bath!

I kid you not!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
AND, the Alien? lives next door! He is definately from the Planet Zog!

His Misses could not manage the step over the side of the Bath, (this guy is well on the way to being a millionaire! ) He takes an Anglegrinder and cuts a door in the side of the Bath!

I kid you not!

with a neighbour like that I'd be looking to move... sharpish :Eeek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
can imagine that was a problem.....if you didnt know it was there how did you figure out how to turn it off. :ROFLMAO:
Went back over where I'd just been and found a switch at the base of the steering nacelle, just looked like a bit of wire sticking out it was that thin

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
with a neighbour like that I'd be looking to move... sharpish :Eeek:

Gi day cobber! Lit the Barbee and will toss another Prawn when you arrive!( I WISH!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back