Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
I have recieved a letter from Brownhills with an attached written apology from the compare of the Saturday night entertainment from the Northern Motorhome Show. He made some kind of joke about Brownhills being crap, which I cant even remember, and obviously they didn't find it funny. Has anyone else had one?

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I had one on Thursday, the letter came from Warners, not Brownhills but obviously Brownhills were not amused and Warners presumably bowed under pressure due to the advertising revenue they must spend with Warners. Pity freedom of speech is compromised. We have all read enough about Brownhills and can make up our own minds whether the comments made were true or not.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
So what was the joke or is it not to be printed due to libel laws etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I got one too and I thought it defeated the purpose. I'd completely forgotten the joke but the letter reminded me.
He was telling another story in which he said he'd told a lie. Then he said something like, 'A little lie. Not a Brownhills lie.'
The place erupted. I thought it was very funny must admit but bringing it up so long afterwards has only served to bring it back into the public consciousness. Foolish ...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I got one too and I thought it defeated the purpose. I'd completely forgotten the joke but the letter reminded me.
He was telling another story in which he said he'd told a lie. Then he said something like, 'A little lie. Not a Brownhills lie.'
The place erupted. I thought it was very funny must admit but bringing it up so long afterwards has only served to bring it back into the public consciousness. Foolish ...

It certainly defeated the purpose, :roflmto:

now a big lie will be known as a Brownhills , through time it may even get into the Oxford dictionary :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back