Fuel Prices, and a couple of questions.... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Any body know the price of petrol in Spain?

And those that have been and stayed,, what are Black Waste dumps at "Zahorra Like" ie accesible/on each pitch or hump and dump?

And what is the signal through an Oyster system like or is a free standing dish required ?

Thanks

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Last we heard diesel was about 95 cents a litre - don't know about petrol sorry.

Black waste dumps at Zahora - there are 2 - one near the front of the site and one near the back.

If you can get your van near either of them you can lift a manhole cover.

Ray (rayv8) used to "hump and dump" so he didn't need to keep moving his truck!
He had a huge tank on wheels.

Signal no good for Astra 2 through an Oyster - only Astra 1 - however there is cable tv. Take an aerial lead and plug into service post for BBC 1 and 2, ITV 1,2,3 and 4 and Film4 - all free of charge! Some people have large free standing sat dishes if they need to watch other channels. Our 60cm dish isn't big enough :Sad:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Last we heard diesel was about 95 cents a litre - don't know about petrol sorry.

Black waste dumps at Zahora - there are 2 - one near the front of the site and one near the back.

If you can get your van near either of them you can lift a manhole cover.

Ray (rayv8) used to "hump and dump" so he didn't need to keep moving his truck!
He had a huge tank on wheels.

Signal no good for Astra 2 through an Oyster - only Astra 1 - however there is cable tv. Take an aerial lead and plug into service post for BBC 1 and 2, ITV 1,2,3 and 4 and Film4 - all free of charge! Some people have large free standing sat dishes if they need to watch other channels. Our 60cm dish isn't big enough :Sad:
Diesel now consistently about 1.12 to 1.14 Euros - same as in the French supermarkets Al.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Debs is looking in her bag for fuel reciept as we filled up the other day, so that could take a while:ROFLMAO: from memory its was around 1.22 euro (petrol)

The sat tv from the post is BBC1 BBC2 ITV1 ITV 2 Film 4. ITV3 ITV4 is frozen but i understand they have an engineer booked to look at it.

Ant & Debs

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Diesel now consistently about 1.12 to 1.14 Euros - same as in the French supermarkets Al.

About a fiver a gallon :cry:

We get 25 mpg so 5 miles to the £1 :cry: :cry:

Olde Farte talk -- I can remember filling a brand new £500 Mini with 4 gallons and getting change out of £1.

Now I could pay £20 to put 4 gallons in a new Mini at £11,500. Interestingly both have increased by a factor of about 20.

In those days £20 a week was a good wage - what of £400 a week now ?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Your a mind of information Brian.. :thumb:

At 10 - 12 to the gallon with a light right foot I will have to make sure I can get LPG.. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back