Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Looking to buy a steering wheel lock, any recommendations please Which one did you use and how do you find it?? Thanks

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Disklok on my rv, its thatcham approved and the big yellow thing covering the steering wheel gives me more peace of mind. Its easy to fit, you cannot steer the wheel , a useful deterrent :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I have a Disklok on my rv, its thatcham approved and the big yellow thing covering the steering wheel gives me more peace of mind. Its easy to fit, you cannot steer the wheel , a useful deterrent :thumb:

Check the size carefully. The largest one will not fit the stearing wheel on my Mercedes 410D Hymer S700.

I use a clutch claw. Locks brake and clutch pedals together so they cannot be depressed.

John

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I would agree that the Clutch Claw is by far the best but it is expensive, £97 new and rarely do they come up on ebay and even then they fetch around £45 second-hand. I bought a 4tress steering wheel lock on ebay for £24 second-hand, they cost around £39 new from Halfords, it's heavy, strong and easy to fit and looks the part, a good deterrent.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I always used a straight forward steering wheel bar type clamp..a big visible deterrent when the van was parked up anywhere like a supermarket car park..Never had any probs with it..I think it cost around 8 quid one Xmas from Tesco's..it was actually for my old car but it fitted the bill so it got used...It was always fitted when we went walkabout from any site we were on...Tesco's every little helps!!:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i use one of these....

steeringlock.jpg

got two of them...one for the car and one for the motorhome.

last one was £4 from a charity shop.:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Yea mine was very similar John just a visible deterrent it did the job..in fact I use it over here in Tenerife on me Renault Clio

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
thank you everyone for your replies, order placed for 4Tress steering lock from e-bay

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
i use one of these....

steeringlock.jpg

got two of them...one for the car and one for the motorhome.

last one was £4 from a charity shop.:thumb:

I had one of those on my car a few years back. I lost my car keys and phoned the AA.
The AA guy broke into our car (a Discovery) in about a minute and then had the lock (same as yours) off in about 30 seconds. I asked him how he did that - but he wouldn't tell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back