getting wifi in motorhome (1 Viewer)

gingerpink

Free Member
Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
everybody
I don't know if this is the right forum - if not please tell me where to go.
We have recently returned from 4 weeks in germany, belgium and austria and on my return i have received a big bill from o2 for data usage on my iphone 4 while away .

I thought i'd got it all sorted before i went away - i'd got a payg dongle from o2 to use on my apple macbook only to find i couldn't use it to access the internet!! as only business users can do this when abroad - said the small print in the handbook that came with my dongle.... they didn't tell me this when i bought it. So, i went onto the internet every now and then via my iphone whenever i could get 3g or wifi ---and hence the big bill...

Is there a way of accessing the internet on my laptop without incurring the big bills thru resorting to using my iphone?? I think i read something on this site but i can't find it.

Also, while i'm here does anybody know what the best mobile provider is for reception for my iphone - i am fed up being on a site in lovely setting and find i am out of contact because of poor reception (i'm with o2). I need to be contactable because my mum is disabled and has alzheimers. I set up the support for her as far as i can before i go away but i still need to be contactable in an emergency.

Thanks for any advice.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Ring O2 before you set off and buy a data package at a reduced rate. Oh yes and dump the iphone when abroad they use HUGE amount of very expensive data without bothering to tell you about it :Doh:

Its an expensive lesson most folks learn the hard way im afraid :winky:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:cry::cry: android phones will down load up dates for the country you are in ie,, france in french ect for your phone even though you dont want them :cry::cry: next time turn off the pic/update on the phone,,it will stop the bills,, :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is there a way of accessing the internet on my laptop without incurring the big bills thru resorting to using my iphone?? I think i read something on this site but i can't find it.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes, don't use a ANY dongle abroad .. use FREE Wifi spots .. there are literally thousands ..

Invest in Wifi booster aerial .. this will pick up FREE Wifi from a far greater distance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back