richardp

Free Member
Oct 8, 2010
kent
Funster No
MH
looking for 1
Exp
Looking to go fulltime, am renting at present and have a fulltime employment.
Have owned a campervan before, in South Africa.
so any advise that can help me with my dream.

I have so many questions, where to park / overnight safely in and around london,(I work in West End)
What size van to go for, financing options looking to spend the equivalent in rent on a monthly repayment.
Any suggestions on which dealers are recommended. etc
Its just the two of us me and my missus (who also works)

thats it from me for now, so much to absorb:)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
keep on dreaming I would suggest

Looking to go fulltime, am renting at present and have a fulltime employment.
Have owned a campervan before, in South Africa.
so any advise that can help me with my dream.

I have so many questions, where to park / overnight safely in and around london,(I work in West End)
What size van to go for, financing options looking to spend the equivalent in rent on a monthly repayment.
Any suggestions on which dealers are recommended. etc
Its just the two of us me and my missus (who also works)

thats it from me for now, so much to absorb:)

Welcome.. but it was interesting that the first 7 people to look at your post did not reply or say you are welcome.. why I wonder?

Me I would say keep on dreaming as if you have ideas of a motor home in London then you are dreaming. With the congestion charge and the issues re diesel engines and charges it makes it a big no no in the London area as I am sure many will tell you that live within the M25

I do not think you will get away with paying finance that is the same as rent.. what about the charges you pay to park it? sites are limiited in the London area and even if you move about you need to consder issues like water, waste and a hundred other things. Insurance? no fixed address? the remit you have posed is very wide and I suggest you need to do a lot of thinking and research first then ask questions that still need an answer.. but sorry to say and it is not something I normally say.. keep dreaming as that is all it will be if your intended use is what it is about.. i.e a flat on wheels. This is not the Cape flats in Cape Town.. whole different world.

But good luck

Bob:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi and welcome..

there are quite a few full timers on the forum who will give advice. We did a three year stint living and traveling in a USRV ..and it's not as easy as I first thought .. Bob has sketched out just a few of the issues..

There is a full timing forum that will answer many of your questions.. worth reading then as Bob said, have a good think and come back with some specific questions..

I am familiar with RSA, spent six years there and one of my sons now lives in Cape Town

good luck

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi and welcome to MotorhomeFun :Smile:
flyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I wonder how long our RV's would last?

Hi and welcome..

there are quite a few full timers on the forum who will give advice. We did a three year stint living and traveling in a USRV ..and it's not as easy as I first thought .. Bob has sketched out just a few of the issues..

There is a full timing forum that will answer many of your questions.. worth reading then as Bob said, have a good think and come back with some specific questions..

I am familiar with RSA, spent six years there and one of my sons now lives in Cape Town

good luck

Jim, I wonder how long our RV's would last on Cape Flats? I bet the wheels would be off before we came to a halt. Love Cape Town, and Victoria and Alfred water front, some of the best fish and chips I have ever had near Chapmans Peak. But I would not like to have a normal yank motor home in the area... would smeel of money and that could be a bad thing.. I am guilty of running the red lights or holding back and slowing down way back ... jo'ber .. just run them and took the risk of the fine, but then I am a live to tell the tail and was not car jacked. I was to see no bad stories came out of SA when the world cup was on.. OK the odd mugging ..but nothing to serious. Hope to go back again some day, Loved Boulders and Simons Town area.. what beaches and sharks.

The only big white sharks we see here is the motor home dealer.:Angry:

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back