done a couple of jobs on the RV at last (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Best part is I have saved myself two hours labour at the workshop by doing them myself.... well I had Sue to pass the tools and get shouted at when she gave me the wrong size phillips screwdriver.. you just cannot get the staff these days:Blush: But her help certainly saved the money, but then she spent what I saved on the extra on the new fridge..another story on the forum.. but back to the couple of jobs.

At long last it stopped raining and it is not that cold now in Tunbridge Wells (Kent).. So I have now fitted the mirror I purchased at Lincoln from Duncan - Star Spangled Spanner .. need another one Duncan.. I mounted it on top of the Velvac mirror.. drilled a couple of holes and attached it.. I now can see the running board and the lower door / road area on the Ford E350 cab.. B class ..so it can be done with the Velvac over cab mirror... Clive (the griffs) may want to note it means you can see that blind spot. £29.95 less the discount of 10% from Duncan:thumb:.

I also have now fitted day light running lights. Again I purchased these at Lincoln from Atkin lighting and have attached them just below the side lights fitted when the conversion was done. I have patched in to the ignition feed under the hood (right hand side behind the water header tank behind the plastic cover).. and run a feed to the lights so they only come on when the ignition is on. They also cost £29.00 (no discount:Angry:)..

Makes you feel so much better when you do a job yourself. I also lagged part of the battery box for the domestic batteries as it is exposed to the cold being slung under the RV.. left air room for the batteries to vent if need be.. all told a productive morning.

Bob:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Wanna Job mista:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: gorra foo trucks ere need summat doin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I thought you were going to

Wanna Job mista:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: gorra foo trucks ere need summat doin.

Thought you were going to dry polish them with that stuff you were conned into buying at Lincoln show? I want to know how many RV's you can do out of one packet? 1/8th and 1/4 do not count.. whole vehicles Rick:ROFLMAO:

I take it as you have posted today you are not busy up in the midland?

have a good one

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back