Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I forgot to mention when I joined that I used to be a windsurfing expert.

Not the new kite surfing but the old attached sail type windsurfing so please ask away if I can help.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So it was you that was flying up and down the coast off Sete was it Arry???::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That's not the sort of wind problem the Olde Fartes of FUN have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
look out for the meets on mersea island that we have occasionally, the wind there is great for windsurfing and its next to the beach our next one is at the end of november if you are brave enough xxxxxx

and if you dont fancy windsurfing its excellent value for money so come along and meet some of us as you are not too far from us

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I used to live near a windsurf hotspot years ago in dorset, people would travel from all over as the speed you could hit was really high.

I do remember last summer, some windsurfer ws on the news after a morning windsurfing on the Pembrokshire coast - he called his wife and asked her to pick him up as he was in North Devon!

His wife was less than impressed, as she had an impromptu 280 mile trip to Devon!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4908286.stm

OP
OP
harryoxford2

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
I used to live near a windsurf hotspot years ago in dorset, people would travel from all over as the speed you could hit was really high.

I do remember last summer, some windsurfer ws on the news after a morning windsurfing on the Pembrokshire coast - he called his wife and asked her to pick him up as he was in North Devon!

His wife was less than impressed, as she had an impromptu 280 mile trip to Devon!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4908286.stm

That is so funny..i guess he could only go one way..generic fault when you start windsurfing as we all favour one side. Like anything in life..sailing of any kind is soo easy...once you know how..a bit like sorting out an rv.

PS that wasnt me flying up the coast...was it a bird..was it a plane..nope it was Brian (aka Hilldweller) after a small expulsion of bodily gasses escaped.

Mearsea Island sounds fun...used to windsurf 3 times a week and teach too profesionally, not sure if ive got the strength anymore...but im thinking about it. My top sail was off Leap? Beach between I of White and Leap Beach 66 knots of wind....wind against tide...world class meet and only 3 of us remained on the water...toomk me weeks to recover but at the time it felt like it was better than sex.....nahhhhh nothings better than sex:ROFLMAO:

I wish I knew how to look back at who said what but once im in this reply box, if i go anywhere it empties....how do you all do multiple quotes..is it in big writing and I missed it....Im advanced enuff to do single quotes only at pres

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
I am sort of learning the ropes ;) I did go from Lepe once, but man that's a busy shipping lane!

I am desperate to get back into it.. I was just getting the hang of gybing etc without falling off.. I even retracted my dagger once :ROFLMAO: then lost it in the sea and longshore drift took me almost to Shoreham port from Hove :Doh: then some tennis elbow finished me off for a while :(

Essoria (spelling) - Morocco, may be a decent winter spot..

Arry, 66 knots ! that's insane ;) !

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
You should see em on the beach at El Medano in Tenerife (They held the World Kite Surfing championships there in August this year)..fabulous to watch..and some of the tricks they do are insane and the speed ooh no a little on the fast side for an old un like me..I learned to windsurf in Belize in 1985 nice and sedate it was then

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ok so question for the windsurfing expert, hee hee. will a wind surfer on the roof of the van help improve fuel consumtion figures.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
ok so question for the windsurfing expert, hee hee. will a wind surfer on the roof of the van help improve fuel consumtion figures.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Duno about that Roger but there was a van running around Benidorm for years with surfboards and windsurfers fastend to the roof,I know for a fact that they NEVER came off there,they were just for show,the guy told me himself he couldnt even swim.

OP
OP
harryoxford2

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
re question

The fuel economy of any rv or motorhome is vastly improved when carrying windsurfers. The following mathematical equasion applies.

RV no windsurfers....many hours spent trying to relieve bordom equals 960 miles at 10 miles pergallon....fortune

Rv with windsurfers....drive to windsurfing location..windsurf for days and days.....miles traveled at 10 miles per gallon....2

hence massive saving on fuel.....

its ok..I know im brilliant....stop stop I can hear the applause....

OP
OP
harryoxford2

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
I am sort of learning the ropes ;) I did go from Lepe once, but man that's a busy shipping lane!

I am desperate to get back into it.. I was just getting the hang of gybing etc without falling off.. I even retracted my dagger once :ROFLMAO: then lost it in the sea and longshore drift took me almost to Shoreham port from Hove :Doh: then some tennis elbow finished me off for a while :(

Essoria (spelling) - Morocco, may be a decent winter spot..

Arry, 66 knots ! that's insane ;) !

Reading johns reply got me to thinking....when we meet up most of us have life skills..different life different skills....I can teach windsurfing on dry land..so anyone who wants to learn I would be glad to help. Reading your report John im bouncing on my chair wanting to throw the extra pieces of the jigsaw to you to make it all come together.
kids for some reason grab it all in a day..adults question ...and dont grab it all in a day.

Stick with it john... I can msn or skype you through it if that may help/

Idlove to come and listen to someones skills be it plumbing, elecy stuff, spanish teacher....or basic bdsm :)...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back