Is this worth buying (1 Viewer)

jonrud

Free Member
Oct 1, 2010
Purton Wilts
Funster No
Exp
14 years caravaning
Hi a friend of mine has a Pilote Galaxey 50 for sale £29000 54 model 4100 miles,anyone owned one or know anything about them as I cant find much about it on internet and is it value for money thanks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My advice is never buy from friends or family, especially big purchases. :Smile:

I'm not sure what its worth but a good indicator is what they have actually sold for on eBay. Do a search but check the completed listings checkbox. :thumb:

Welcome to the fun:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
found a 54 model with higher mileage and a grand more nice van though.
and a dealer so a bit of warrenty.
Link Removed

chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
GOOGLE THEM :thumb: price is about right for year, mileage is very low -more around 30,000 mls for the price -- these are just adds not actual selling prices :winky:
terry

Deleted User
Hi a friend of mine has a Pilote Galaxey 50 for sale £29000 54 model 4100 miles,anyone owned one or know anything about them as I cant find much about it on internet and is it value for money thanks.

Hi jonrud
Pilotes have a very good name, don't know whether the price is right.
I would be very worried about the milage, has it been standing around for
50 months out of the year, personally I would rather buy one thats been used regularly and with perhaps 25000-30000 miles on the clock
regards
Spongy

OP
OP
jonrud

jonrud

Free Member
Oct 1, 2010
Purton Wilts
Funster No
Exp
14 years caravaning
I understand its been standing for about four years is this a major problem? it is a 2.7 merc engine

Deleted User
I understand its been standing for about four years is this a major problem? it is a 2.7 merc engine

Have a look at the brake discs for a start if they are corroded £400-£500 for new ones. Merc engines are like any other they like to be used regularly, preferably every day for a decent run.

spongy

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

If its a private sale, needs to be cheaper than on a forecourt, there will be no warranty, no pre-delivery service for a start.

If it has been standing and not doing much work, check the tyres for side wall cracks, batteries could be shot and brake discs plus all the ancilliaries.

Low mileage like that not neccessarily a good thing.

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Good Vans Pilote, they are French and well built.

However two things, if it has stood for a long time, me? I would be looking at new tyres, pads, disks, and a full and proper service looking for hoses that have broke etc. I would also have a hab check to check for damp and condition. Pm Mark (cls) or Ash, whom might be able to do that for you depending on where you live, or will Im sure know someone closer.

Then, the price has got to be significantly better that what you can buy from a dealer, I use a 15-20% rule. so if there is one only 1k cheaper, your mates got some serious price dropping to do, so best go round with a grate of beer and show him the ills of his ways. :winky: tell him if he is really a mate then he will let you have it cheaper.:whatthe:

OP
OP
jonrud

jonrud

Free Member
Oct 1, 2010
Purton Wilts
Funster No
Exp
14 years caravaning
Thanks for all your replies I think I will give it a miss better to be safe than sorry.

Jon...........:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks for all your replies I think I will give it a miss better to be safe than sorry.

Jon...........:thumb:

:ROFLMAO: You could be missing a bargain :winky: If you get someone to give it a check over-find out exactly if anything is wrong - then look at the price :thumb: or better still:thumb:as I said in my first post these are asking prices not actual selling prices :thumb: Before you do anything let your mate get a reality check on price,:Eeek:Tell him to stick it on Ebay and see how much he gets offered :whatthe: you may well get it for less than 25k :thumb: Cannot envisage dealers paying above 23 k especially at this time of year as it may be dead money until spring time :cry:
terry

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Pilote= well built , hold their price, stuctually sound, inovative design ( the first A classes, first with the drop down bed, good dealer network (Hayes Leisure)

Low milage for year? Sitting around? = Problems! John hits the nail on the head!

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
don;t be put off see if it been serviced regularly (history and all the invoices) with that kind of milage ie one owner, all the habitation bits and inside would have hardly run in and fresh and almost new. a very nicely design van You can be on to a winner

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
ring a couple of dealers who advertise to buy motorhomes, see what they offer for a cash purchase, you will then know its true value.

Then get it inspected, by somebady like Link Removed

work out what needs doing, and come to an arrangement....

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
ring a couple of dealers who advertise to buy motorhomes, see what they offer for a cash purchase, you will then know its true value.

Then get it inspected, by somebady like Link Removed

work out what needs doing, and come to an arrangement....

:thumb: that is what I was trying to say :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back